Picarelli
- Maggerelli
- Newbie

- Posts: 6
- Joined: 15 May 2008, 14:04
Picarelli
My Granfather and several of his siblings emigrated from Picarelli, Italy (outside of avellino) to the United States in the early 1900's. My family is inetrested in visiting Picarelli later this year and I am curious what the town is like ?
Re: Picarelli
Well,Maggerelli wrote:My Granfather and several of his siblings emigrated from Picarelli, Italy (outside of avellino) to the United States in the early 1900's. My family is inetrested in visiting Picarelli later this year and I am curious what the town is like ?
I live in Avellino....
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Picarelli
Picarelli is a "frazione" or neighborhood which once may have been a small village or hamlet outside of Avellino but over the years of Avellino expansion Picarelli was absorbed and became a neighborhood. Consequently, it will retain some of its original charm and perhaps even the same people who once were your families neighbors and freinds. =Peter=
- Maggerelli
- Newbie

- Posts: 6
- Joined: 15 May 2008, 14:04
Re: Picarelli
Thanks for your reply. I am curious what the town of Avellino is like? We are going to Rome in a couple of weeks and then taking the train to Salerno to visit Positano and wondered if it was worth stopping by Avellino on the way?
- Maggerelli
- Newbie

- Posts: 6
- Joined: 15 May 2008, 14:04
Re: Picarelli
On google earth, it looks like there are a bunch of houses there too, and its looks like it is surrounded by some farmland and trees as well? I do see a bunch of buldings and some type of ball field as well. The street is called Frazione Picarelli...is this the same neighborhood you are refering to? Thx for your help.
Re: Picarelli
Yes, it's the same neighborhood..! That's Picarelli!!Maggerelli wrote:On google earth, it looks like there are a bunch of houses there too, and its looks like it is surrounded by some farmland and trees as well? I do see a bunch of buldings and some type of ball field as well. The street is called Frazione Picarelli...is this the same neighborhood you are refering to? Thx for your help.
However, you need about 30 mins to join Avellino from Salerno... if you want, I could be your guide through the city.. !!
- Maggerelli
- Newbie

- Posts: 6
- Joined: 15 May 2008, 14:04
Re: Picarelli
Thx so much for your reply. We are excited to come to Italy but we are only there for a week, so we are not sure we'll be able to make it to Avellino to visit. I do appreciate your offer--is there a phone number we can reach you at in case we are able to make it to Avellino?
Re: Picarelli
When will you come? In which month?Maggerelli wrote:Thx so much for your reply. We are excited to come to Italy but we are only there for a week, so we are not sure we'll be able to make it to Avellino to visit. I do appreciate your offer--is there a phone number we can reach you at in case we are able to make it to Avellino?
Re: Picarelli
Maggerelli wrote:this Sunday!
- Maggerelli
- Newbie

- Posts: 6
- Joined: 15 May 2008, 14:04
Re: Picarelli
Thats OK. We just got back from Iatly and had a great time. You must like living there? If you get a chance and can some pictures of Avellino, I would really liek to see them. Thx!