My research in geneology has been an adventure to say the least. It's taken me half way across America twice. I've been doing the research for about 1 1/2 years now.
In my posession, I have EVERYTHING that I need. From my birth certificate to my great greatfather's from 1870.
There is, however, a problem. The names on two documents from Ohio.
A marriage certificate and a birth certificate.
The family last name is Martucci.
My great grandfather's marriage certificate in Ohio says "Commaso Marttucci". His name everywhere else is Tommaso Martucci. His first name on the marriage record is incorrectly spelled with a "C". The last name has an extra "t".
My grandfather's birth certificate says Louis Marttuci. They removed a "c" and added a "t".
The lady in the marriage record office was very nasty. Everyone else has it correct. Ohio sucks.
My grandpa is still alive at the age of 94. Maybe there is something I can do for his birth certificate still.
Do you think this is going to affect my elligibility?
Has anyone tried to get the court orders for the changes?
How hard is it?
Any info would be much appreciated. Ciao.




