What can you tell me about Montemarcone Basso, Avigliano?

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
User avatar
montclaire
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 195
Joined: 16 Aug 2008, 15:01

What can you tell me about Montemarcone Basso, Avigliano?

Post by montclaire »

I have a family status certificate (Certificato di Stato di Famiglia Storico) on the way from Italy, and I have been tipped off that the address listed is in Montemarcone Basso, Avigliano. I have not had much success googling Montemarcone, as American sites tend to lump it all together as Avigliano. Is there anything to know about this specific section of the region? I will have the exact address in a day or two, I will probably also be posting the certificate for translation.
Thanks in advance
Roc
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: What can you tell me about Montemarcone Basso, Avigliano

Post by wldspirit »

Here is one site:

Montemarcone Basso

wldspirit
___________________________

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
User avatar
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 739
Joined: 15 Feb 2006, 00:00
Location: The Alps - N.Italy

Re: What can you tell me about Montemarcone Basso, Avigliano

Post by elba »

and here is another... :)
Alto and Basso - obviously at the top and the bottom of the hill on which the village is built.

>MONTEMARCONE ALTO<

If you scroll down on this one there are some video's that they 'say' are of/about Montemarcone!

As you can see here - neither are very big...

Montemarcone Alto
N° Abitanti: 46
Altezza: 929m
Cap-ZIP: 85021
Pref: 0971

Montemarcone Basso
N° Abitanti: 55
Altezza: 844m
Cap-ZIP: 85021
Pref: 0971
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
User avatar
montclaire
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 195
Joined: 16 Aug 2008, 15:01

Re: What can you tell me about Montemarcone Basso, Avigliano

Post by montclaire »

Doesn't seem to be too much there, judging by the satellite images. Has the population of Avigliano decreased substantially since the early 1900s?
Post Reply