Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Hello everyone,
I need help. Please search for me if there is any Nicolo BRUNO on ship
"Liguria" or ship "Manilla" from Palermo to New Orleans during 1904.
PLEASE HELP ME. I will really appreciate it. Thanks Riccardo
Ciao riccardo, prova qui, sicuramente ci sono liste di passeggeri della SS Liguria diretta a New Orleans, non so se dell'anno che tu richiedi e non so se ne esitono anche della Manilla..
Peter, would you please see if the "liguria" during its arrivals to NY on 1904, ever continued to New Orleans? Where do I find the manifest ship list? Please answer. Bye Ricbru
Nol the ship did not proceed beyond NYC. As for the ships manifestfile form 81 with NARA. Go to www.genealogylookups.com.narchives.htm for passenger arrivals record since you know the year of arrival the full name. If you are certain it was New orleans then file one for New orleans and another ast NYC at National Archivers NY OFFICE,201 Varick Street, NY NY 10014-4811. Peter
Hi,
I'm an International Studies student, working on my thesis project on the case of the Liguria boat, arrived in New Orleans on Oct 17th 1904 (it had departed from Palermo on Sept 30th 1904). I would be curious to know if any of you had relatives on that boat, on which many Italians were denied to disembark and were sent back to Italy.