I grew up thinking my great grandfathers name was Mathew. But his name on the ship manifest when he immigrated as a child is Dauckria. Actually, all of his brother and sisters have different names. My biggest question though is Dauckria right? If not what could it be? I can't find it on any name web sources.
Also, he is listed as being from Olfaino, Natto. Later Ramezzana immigrants (only a few) list it as Alpiano Natta. Where is this?
Thank you in advance for any help given.
Dauckria Ramezzana?
Re: Dauckria Ramezzana?
The name of the town is Alfiano Natta...it is located East of Torino and north of Asti in the province of Piemonte in the north western part of Italy, near the French border.rtdurden wrote:I grew up thinking my great grandfathers name was Mathew. But his name on the ship manifest when he immigrated as a child is Dauckria. Actually, all of his brother and sisters have different names. My biggest question though is Dauckria right? If not what could it be? I can't find it on any name web sources.
Also, he is listed as being from Olfaino, Natto. Later Ramezzana immigrants (only a few) list it as Alpiano Natta. Where is this?
Thank you in advance for any help given.
As for the first name, have seen the first name Danchia or Dankia. I think that one of those is the name on the manifest. It appears to not be an Italian name, but rather more likely an Italian version of name from another ethnic group.
Hope this helps.
Re: Dauckria Ramezzana?
Hmmm: ...... probable is DANESIO, italian first name....suanjrtdurden wrote:I grew up thinking my great grandfathers name was Mathew. But his name on the ship manifest when he immigrated as a child is Dauckria. Actually, all of his brother and sisters have different names. My biggest question though is Dauckria right? If not what could it be? I can't find it on any name web sources.
Also, he is listed as being from Olfaino, Natto. Later Ramezzana immigrants (only a few) list it as Alpiano Natta. Where is this?
Thank you in advance for any help given.
Re: Dauckria Ramezzana?
Hey, I just stumbled upon your post, I'm hoping that you still check this account since it's been several years. My G-Grandfather was Mathew Ramezzana's brother, his name is Modesta Ramezzana on the ship log, but her went by Modesto John Ramezane AKA Jack Ramezane. He lived and died in Gilroy, CA. Please email me so we can share info. I also knew their sister Sally Ramezane Wheless. I don't have much info on their Italian heritage.rtdurden wrote:I grew up thinking my great grandfathers name was Mathew. But his name on the ship manifest when he immigrated as a child is Dauckria. Actually, all of his brother and sisters have different names. My biggest question though is Dauckria right? If not what could it be? I can't find it on any name web sources.
Also, he is listed as being from Olfaino, Natto. Later Ramezzana immigrants (only a few) list it as Alpiano Natta. Where is this?
Thank you in advance for any help given.
Melissa Driscoll


