I have two index references to a Luigi Carotonuto marrying someone with the surname Dimascio, or Di Mascio in Hackney in 1917, and also possibly the same man but it's written as Louis Carotonoto marrying in Islington in 1907.
I'm interested in anything anyone might have that has a reference to any Carotenuto's (or alternate spellings) in London
thanks
Italians in London
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Italians in London
I did a name check for Carotonuto at www.findmypast.com whichis a paying site but name checks are free and there are death indext for Luigi Salvatore carotenuto and Vincenzo Carotenuto death record 1997 and 2005 in England. There is no immediate record of Carotonuto. =Peter=
Re: Italians in London
Many thanks. Vincenzo, I do not know. But Luigi Salvatore Carotenuto was "Uncle Nick" and I talked to him literally days before he died. He is the grandson of the Luigi I am looking for.
I think the relevant Luigi would have died in the 50s in Belgium. I am given to understand he ended his days in Brussels.
I think the relevant Luigi would have died in the 50s in Belgium. I am given to understand he ended his days in Brussels.
- daddymuzza
- Veteran

- Posts: 138
- Joined: 17 Mar 2005, 00:00
- Location: glasgow
- Contact:
Re: Italians in London
http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl
also has the 1929 death of a Filomena Carotonuto in Hampstead 1929
also has the 1929 death of a Filomena Carotonuto in Hampstead 1929
if yer no fast yer last !!!
Re: Italians in London
Thanks, yes. Filomena was the sister of my partner's mother. Filomena died when she was a baby.
