Hi all!
Many of us may have an opportunity during the holiday season to spend time with relatives that we may only see during this time of year.
Here’s a neat list of questions from about.com for interviewing relatives about your family history.
Some of them are great conversation starters!
Valarie
http://genealogy.about.com/cs/oralhisto ... erview.htm
Family Gatherings
Re: Family Gatherings
If I were still teaching, I would use this as a lesson plan for the holidays.
It is so important for our children and grandchildren to have a sense of family history and background knowledge. I wish my parents and grandparents had nurtured this more. Part of the problem was the wish to 'americanize ' and part was the tendency of children to ignore the ramblings of older relatives. I so wish I had paid more attention to the language and stories I heard at holidays.
Thank you Valarie, for directing our attention to this issue. I wish everyone a happy and historical Thanksgiving. Use the questions!! Video the answers.
MJ
Thank you Valarie, for directing our attention to this issue. I wish everyone a happy and historical Thanksgiving. Use the questions!! Video the answers.
MJ
