I would like to obtain my grandmother's birth certificate.
Place of birth: Casumaro
Date of birth: 1897
I have no idea where / how to start the search.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve
Birth Certificate Casumaro, Italy?
- chcatalano
- Newbie

- Posts: 13
- Joined: 02 Jan 2009, 17:12
Re: Birth Certificate Casumaro, Italy?
I think I read that vital records such as birth, marriage and death records are at churches in Italy. I think you will have to locate the church which houses the records for that area and request them there.
Re: Birth Certificate Casumaro, Italy?
Thank you for the reply.
I did a search and found the following.
Parrocchia Di S.lorenzo
Via Correggio - Casumaro, 6
44042 Cento (FE) - Italy
Thanks!
-Steve
I did a search and found the following.
Parrocchia Di S.lorenzo
Via Correggio - Casumaro, 6
44042 Cento (FE) - Italy
Thanks!
-Steve
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Birth Certificate Casumaro, Italy?
There are a few years on film 1806 - 1813 with the LDS. You may be able to get civil records from the town for the years after 1870.
You may find this site in English helpful.
http://italia.indettaglio.it/eng/emilia ... umaro.html
You may find this site in English helpful.
http://italia.indettaglio.it/eng/emilia ... umaro.html
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Re: Birth Certificate Casumaro, Italy?
I came across this site by accident, but it so happens that I live in Casumaro and I know the priest of the parish very well. If you'd like I could find out about your grandmother. Then again I may know of her myself.
let me know
liz
let me know
liz
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Birth Certificate Casumaro, Italy?
Either way you can also write to the Uffcio di Stato Civile in Casumaro (www.nonsolocap.it and click on town website after putting it in title) at their MUNICIPIO ADDRESS. go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsof wisdom/italian-form-letters.html just in case the kindly Collizz can not diclose the information held at the local parish church. Collizz is certainly a wonderful person to come forward and want to assist. We are grateful to him here in NY.
The full address is http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html =Peter=
The full address is http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html =Peter=
~Peter~
Re: Birth Certificate Casumaro, Italy?
Records are held at the Ufficio di Stato Civile. Church records can also be consulted, but in most cases, only if you need something before the start of the civil records....I think I read that vital records such as birth, marriage and death records are at churches in Italy.
wldspirit
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
