On microfilm I've found on an Indice Decennale for births and on an Indice Decennale for marriages two records I am looking for.
How likely is it the corresponding extracts and records are not available?
Thanks
Indice Decennales
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Indice Decennales
10 year indexes are fairly common. The records should be available unless the records were destroyed during a war or earthquake and for some reason only the indexes survived.
I search in Isola del Liri where they have a 100 year index but not all records survived in the town archives. Fortunately the State Archives have copies but this is not always the case.
I search in Isola del Liri where they have a 100 year index but not all records survived in the town archives. Fortunately the State Archives have copies but this is not always the case.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
- uantiti
- Elite

- Posts: 405
- Joined: 11 Jun 2008, 16:52
- Location: Piedmont (Biella) & Veneto (Venice), Italy
Re: Indice Decennales
Hi,
In the rolls I have some of the persons listed in indexes are not there as the corresponding pages are missing. Also there are in the middle a few pages concerning other villages. I assume, in my case, this could be a mistake of who microfilmed the registers and that the missing acts are on some other town rolls.
If you have names, years and the act numbers as written on the index, you may try and request a copy from the city hall register.
Ada
In the rolls I have some of the persons listed in indexes are not there as the corresponding pages are missing. Also there are in the middle a few pages concerning other villages. I assume, in my case, this could be a mistake of who microfilmed the registers and that the missing acts are on some other town rolls.
If you have names, years and the act numbers as written on the index, you may try and request a copy from the city hall register.
Ada
