last step in dual citizenship and now stuck
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: last step in dual citizenship and now stuck
Well that is good news. Perhaps the manager may have the same connections! =Peter=
~Peter~
Re: last step in dual citizenship and now stuck
Theresa, I note that the "set an appointment" page is still under construction. The citizenship office in Newark accepts walk-ins in the mornings from 9:00 to 12:30. You do NOT need an appointment for jure sanguinis applications; appointments are ONLY required for citizenship through marriage. You may want to take a "personal day" and go in with your son. Bring in everything you have including any documentation from the baseball club. I found the consulate to be very helpful.
Here are the instructions from their webpage:
__________
Appointments are also required for the application for Italian Citizenship through Marriage. To set an appointment please call 973 643 1448 ext. 229, or contact statocivile.newark@esteri.it. Please remember that appointments are not necessary for any other Italian Citizenship application. Only the appointments confirmed with the staff are considered valid.
For all other services appointments are not necessary, and the public is received in order of appearance.
Here are the instructions from their webpage:
__________
Appointments are also required for the application for Italian Citizenship through Marriage. To set an appointment please call 973 643 1448 ext. 229, or contact statocivile.newark@esteri.it. Please remember that appointments are not necessary for any other Italian Citizenship application. Only the appointments confirmed with the staff are considered valid.
For all other services appointments are not necessary, and the public is received in order of appearance.
Re: last step in dual citizenship and now stuck
are there other consulates besides NJ that take walk in applications for jure sanguinis applications ? This is interesting. how long after applications are accepted does it usually take before being able to obtain your passport. I know in Miami the citizenship office only works by appointments, which stated before are about one year out. The up side is it is only three to four weeks afterwhich you should be able to get your passport.
also, Someone on another post mentioned at the LA consulate having trouble setting an appointment. Could the day be near where all consulates will be charging to set appointments ?
also, Someone on another post mentioned at the LA consulate having trouble setting an appointment. Could the day be near where all consulates will be charging to set appointments ?
jamescatizoneitaliandualcitizenship.com
Re: last step in dual citizenship and now stuck
I think Newark has yet to become accustomed to its full-consular status. Until last fall it was a Vice Consulate of New York.
I don't get the impression that they work as quickly as some of the other consulates in that they will not allow you to obtain a passport until they have confirmation that all documents are registered in the comune. The NY consulate sends the citizenship letter as soon as they send the documents out.
I don't get the impression that they work as quickly as some of the other consulates in that they will not allow you to obtain a passport until they have confirmation that all documents are registered in the comune. The NY consulate sends the citizenship letter as soon as they send the documents out.
Re: last step in dual citizenship and now stuck
thanks for that info mler, was just curious.....
jamescatizoneitaliandualcitizenship.com
Re: last step in dual citizenship and now stuck
JCAT,
Miami just began charging for appointments toward the middle of last year. I know the NY consulate has been doing it for some time and there is another consulate that also charges but I can't remember it right now.
I think Boston still allows walk-ins but that may have changed. NJ was just "promoted" to full consular status last year, prior to that it was a Vice consulate.
Miami just began charging for appointments toward the middle of last year. I know the NY consulate has been doing it for some time and there is another consulate that also charges but I can't remember it right now.
I think Boston still allows walk-ins but that may have changed. NJ was just "promoted" to full consular status last year, prior to that it was a Vice consulate.
Re: last step in dual citizenship and now stuck
Hi JMFL,
I also read on another post that L.A. is charging for the service as well. The main thing is not that they are charging for the service ,only that one needs to check their billing statements after setting your appointment as I was charged for three calls and had to correct this with my bank. Man, not only do we have to be diligent in our quest for citizenship, but need to keep our eye on the ball in regards to billing practices now for the appointments. have you received your passport yet?
I also read on another post that L.A. is charging for the service as well. The main thing is not that they are charging for the service ,only that one needs to check their billing statements after setting your appointment as I was charged for three calls and had to correct this with my bank. Man, not only do we have to be diligent in our quest for citizenship, but need to keep our eye on the ball in regards to billing practices now for the appointments. have you received your passport yet?
jamescatizoneitaliandualcitizenship.com
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: last step in dual citizenship and now stuck
To be semantically correct, I don't think it is the *consulates* who are charging to make appointments, but rather that the consulates are now using a third-party service to schedule appointments. The service charges a fee to users to cover their cost of doing business and possibly (but most likely not) kicks back a percentage to the consulates.JMFL wrote:JCAT,
Miami just began charging for appointments toward the middle of last year. I know the NY consulate has been doing it for some time and there is another consulate that also charges but I can't remember it right now.

