My GGF's inbound paperwork says his origin comune is S. Bartolomeo and his daughters (my GM) says Valmare San Bartolomeo and when I do a search for San Bartolomeo I get two choices on that is S.Bartolomeo Al Mare (which I thought it was and sent for papers from there) and the other is in Lucca prov. Now, I just looked at Brissago Switzerland where my Grandmother was born and I saw just down the road from Brissago, accross the border but on the shoreline of Lake Maggiore was yet another San Bartolomeo, which I am sure is the right one. Can someone tell me what providence this one is so I can send off papers to the uffico di stato civile? Thank you so much in advance.
Catherine
San Bartolomeo- which one???
Re: San Bartolomeo- which one???
After finding many many towns w/ the same name, i found the one I need,
Catherine
Catherine
Re: San Bartolomeo- which one???
Catherine and everyone,
For future reference, I've found the following site helpful in locating towns and hamlets.
http://www.italyworldclub.com/
Biff
For future reference, I've found the following site helpful in locating towns and hamlets.
http://www.italyworldclub.com/
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: San Bartolomeo- which one???
Another ready reference is www.prontoimprese.it with alphabet for each individual city, town and village and by region. If name of city,town or village is known then you can go to www.nonsolocap.it =Peter=
~Peter~
