Translation Help
- tonij16102
- Veteran

- Posts: 132
- Joined: 21 Mar 2009, 19:37
- Contact:
Translation Help
I was given a book about the village of Camigliano, Caserta, Italy where my grandfather was from. Is there anyone that could please translate a couple of pages of this book for me. Any help would be certainly appreciated.
Thanks, Toni
Thanks, Toni
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Translation Help
There are people here who can translate. Letters and short passsages in book pages are preferable. We can always refer you to a commercial translator. =Peter=
~Peter~
- tonij16102
- Veteran

- Posts: 132
- Joined: 21 Mar 2009, 19:37
- Contact:
Re: Translation Help
I used a translator on the web and it doesn't make very much sense...ty Peter
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
- tonij16102
- Veteran

- Posts: 132
- Joined: 21 Mar 2009, 19:37
- Contact:
Re: Translation Help
It is a couple of pages long...
Re: Translation Help
Send me a PM with some details and I'll see what I can do to help!tonij16102 wrote:It is a couple of pages long...
elba
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
Re: Translation Help
Hello Toni,
You can send the pages in a PM and I'll try to translate them for you.
Maribor from Argentina.
You can send the pages in a PM and I'll try to translate them for you.
Maribor from Argentina.
Re: Translation Help
tonij16102 wrote:It is a couple of pages long...
As I told you, I would have to do this between my other work. Here is the first page for you. I'll get down to do the others this coming week sometime.
Page 1 Translation
Historical People
Historical people who have given fame to Casigliano
Histoical personages who have shone in Camigliano are: C. P. Fabato grandfather in law of the naturalist of antique Rome: Plinio Cecilio II the Young, who had a villa in Camigliano called “Villa Camillanaâ€
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
- tonij16102
- Veteran

- Posts: 132
- Joined: 21 Mar 2009, 19:37
- Contact:
Re: Translation Help
elba wrote:tonij16102 wrote:It is a couple of pages long...
As I told you, I would have to do this between my other work. Here is the first page for you. I'll get down to do the others this coming week sometime.
Thank-you so much I appreciate this very much!!
Toni
Page 1 Translation
Historical People
Historical people who have given fame to Casigliano
Histoical personages who have shone in Camigliano are: C. P. Fabato grandfather in law of the naturalist of antique Rome: Plinio Cecilio II the Young, who had a villa in Camigliano called “Villa Camillanaâ€
Re: Translation Help
Thank you...Thank-you so much I appreciate this very much!!
Toni
Be patient and you'll have the rest
BTW - put your comments 'under' the 'quote' like mine here. I nearly told you off for not even making a comment because I hadn't seen your one liner hidden away in my post!
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
- tonij16102
- Veteran

- Posts: 132
- Joined: 21 Mar 2009, 19:37
- Contact:
Re: Translation Help
Thank you...elba wrote:Thank-you so much I appreciate this very much!!
Toni
Be patient and you'll have the rest
BTW - put your comments 'under' the 'quote' like mine here. I nearly told you off for not even making a comment because I hadn't seen your one liner hidden away in my post!
I am so sorry for the mix-up with the quotes...please remember that I always say thank-you for everything I appreciate that all everyone does on this wonderful site.....Thank-you so much for pointing this out to...hoping I did this right this time...lol....
Thank-you Toni
Re: Translation Help
Hi Toni,
Here (finally) is Page 2. Sorry it's taken so long, but with the events over here these last few days I've been a little busy.
Page 3 is half done and I hope to finish it tomorrow or Saturday. But here's Page 2 for you.
Translation
Page 2
3. Francesco Capezzuto born in Leporano di Casigliano on the 11th Novembre 1789, was for some years the priest of S. Maria Capua Vetre. Elected Bishop of Ariano Irpino on 15th February 1838, he was actively involved in the life in the Seminary and the Clergy. On the 14th, 15th and 16th May 1843 he held a Diocesan Synod. In 1848 he founded the “Monte Frumentarioâ€
Here (finally) is Page 2. Sorry it's taken so long, but with the events over here these last few days I've been a little busy.
Page 3 is half done and I hope to finish it tomorrow or Saturday. But here's Page 2 for you.
Translation
Page 2
3. Francesco Capezzuto born in Leporano di Casigliano on the 11th Novembre 1789, was for some years the priest of S. Maria Capua Vetre. Elected Bishop of Ariano Irpino on 15th February 1838, he was actively involved in the life in the Seminary and the Clergy. On the 14th, 15th and 16th May 1843 he held a Diocesan Synod. In 1848 he founded the “Monte Frumentarioâ€
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
- tonij16102
- Veteran

- Posts: 132
- Joined: 21 Mar 2009, 19:37
- Contact:
Re: Translation Help
[quote="elba"]Hi Toni,
Here (finally) is Page 2. Sorry it's taken so long, but with the events over here these last few days I've been a little busy.
Page 3 is half done and I hope to finish it tomorrow or Saturday. But here's Page 2 for you.
Translation
Page 2
3. Francesco Capezzuto born in Leporano di Casigliano on the 11th Novembre 1789, was for some years the priest of S. Maria Capua Vetre. Elected Bishop of Ariano Irpino on 15th February 1838, he was actively involved in the life in the Seminary and the Clergy. On the 14th, 15th and 16th May 1843 he held a Diocesan Synod. In 1848 he founded the “Monte Frumentarioâ€
Here (finally) is Page 2. Sorry it's taken so long, but with the events over here these last few days I've been a little busy.
Page 3 is half done and I hope to finish it tomorrow or Saturday. But here's Page 2 for you.
Translation
Page 2
3. Francesco Capezzuto born in Leporano di Casigliano on the 11th Novembre 1789, was for some years the priest of S. Maria Capua Vetre. Elected Bishop of Ariano Irpino on 15th February 1838, he was actively involved in the life in the Seminary and the Clergy. On the 14th, 15th and 16th May 1843 he held a Diocesan Synod. In 1848 he founded the “Monte Frumentarioâ€
Re: Translation Help
The first part of the last page... The remainder is almost finished.
I will send you an e- mail in a minute....
Page 3 Translation
He began his missionary activity at Onè di Fonte (Treviso) where he remained from1929 to 1936 apart from brief periods as treasurer at Santa Maria at Vico. At the beginning ofJuly in 1936 for
“moral obligationâ€
I will send you an e- mail in a minute....
Page 3 Translation
He began his missionary activity at Onè di Fonte (Treviso) where he remained from1929 to 1936 apart from brief periods as treasurer at Santa Maria at Vico. At the beginning ofJuly in 1936 for
“moral obligationâ€
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
- tonij16102
- Veteran

- Posts: 132
- Joined: 21 Mar 2009, 19:37
- Contact:
Re: Translation Help
[quote="elba"]The first part of the last page... The remainder is almost finished.
I will send you an e- mail in a minute....
TY so much I can't even begin to thank-you enough for what you have done for me....this means so very much to me. Ty again, from the bottom of my heart.
Toni
Page 3 Translation
He began his missionary activity at Onè di Fonte (Treviso) where he remained from1929 to 1936 apart from brief periods as treasurer at Santa Maria at Vico. At the beginning ofJuly in 1936 for
“moral obligationâ€
I will send you an e- mail in a minute....
TY so much I can't even begin to thank-you enough for what you have done for me....this means so very much to me. Ty again, from the bottom of my heart.
Toni
Page 3 Translation
He began his missionary activity at Onè di Fonte (Treviso) where he remained from1929 to 1936 apart from brief periods as treasurer at Santa Maria at Vico. At the beginning ofJuly in 1936 for
“moral obligationâ€

