Naturalization Record
Re: Naturalization Record
Jetty,
can you tell us the Maurizio's exact birth date and if the 1930 census I posted is correct?
Laura
can you tell us the Maurizio's exact birth date and if the 1930 census I posted is correct?
Laura
- jetty12123
- Newbie

- Posts: 7
- Joined: 09 May 2009, 14:49
Re: Naturalization Record
Hello laura, the 1930 census was correct but I do not know the excact date of birth.I know he was born in 1893. One company is retrieving his birth cert. from Italy we should have it in a week or two.Maurizio did marry an american citizen would that automaticly make him a natualised citizen?
Re: Naturalization Record
No, he would not have automatically obtained U.S. citizenship by marrying an American woman. In fact, if he married before 1922, his wife would have lost her U.S. citizenship. Before the Cable Act, a woman's status was connected to that of her husband.
- jetty12123
- Newbie

- Posts: 7
- Joined: 09 May 2009, 14:49
Re: Naturalization Record
Hello ,are there websites that would allow me to check the exact date of natualization?
Re: Naturalization Record
I found my grandfather's information on ancestry.com It may be helpful to search a bit on that site; you may find what you are looking for.
- jetty12123
- Newbie

- Posts: 7
- Joined: 09 May 2009, 14:49
Re: Naturalization Record
thanks for that info but it does not give the date of the natualization.It seems like Laura was able to get info that was not readily available any where else.I tought that maybe she had a better site for info Thanks Jetty12123
Re: Naturalization Record
I found all the document I posted here on the Ancestry.com site.
Laura
Laura
Re: Naturalization Record
Hello!
Here's a link to a list of naturalization indexes and records online by state
Valarie
http://home.att.net/~wee-monster/naturalization.html
Here's a link to a list of naturalization indexes and records online by state
Valarie
http://home.att.net/~wee-monster/naturalization.html
Re: Naturalization Record
Jetty,
is this 1905 arrival manifest for Maurizio Lunati/o correct?
from Ancestry.com:
New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Manrizio Lunati
Name: Manrizio Lunati
Arrival Date: 10 Aug 1905
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1893
Age: 12
Gender: Male
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ethnicity/RaceÂ/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Ship Name: Montevideo
Search Ship Database: Search the Montevideo in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Line: 21
Microfilm Serial: T715
Microfilm Roll: T715_608
Page Number: 26
He was travelling with his father Angelo and his two sisters Maria Carmela and Maria Vincenza, them all stated Craco as Last residence in Italy, he was joining his mother Barletta Maria living on 21 New Bowery - NYC.
The Ship Montevideo sailed from Napoli on July 23, 1905 and arrived in New York on August 10, 1905
image:
[img=http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6688/l ... val.th.jpg]
And these are the declaration of Morris Lunati on the Naturalization petition first page:
.......
Second: My occupation is soldier
Third: I was born on the 26 day of February Anno Domini 1893 at Montalbano Italy
Fourth: I emigrated to the United States from Naples Italy on or about the 24 day of July Anno Domini 1905 and arrived in the United States at the port of New York on the 11 day of August anno Domini 1905 on the Vessel //
etc.... I am not married..... etc....
I believe these are not only coincidences
Considering that at their arrival Angelo Lunato and his child stated Craco as Last residence and there is no place of birth listed, and considering that Montalbano is only 15 miles far from Craco maybe this record needs to be revised well....
If you are able to find Maurizio birth date you can confirm or not...
Don't you know were Maurizio is buried? on his burial there must be his birth date....
Laura
is this 1905 arrival manifest for Maurizio Lunati/o correct?
from Ancestry.com:
New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Manrizio Lunati
Name: Manrizio Lunati
Arrival Date: 10 Aug 1905
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1893
Age: 12
Gender: Male
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ethnicity/RaceÂ/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Ship Name: Montevideo
Search Ship Database: Search the Montevideo in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Line: 21
Microfilm Serial: T715
Microfilm Roll: T715_608
Page Number: 26
He was travelling with his father Angelo and his two sisters Maria Carmela and Maria Vincenza, them all stated Craco as Last residence in Italy, he was joining his mother Barletta Maria living on 21 New Bowery - NYC.
The Ship Montevideo sailed from Napoli on July 23, 1905 and arrived in New York on August 10, 1905
image:
[img=http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6688/l ... val.th.jpg]
And these are the declaration of Morris Lunati on the Naturalization petition first page:
.......
Second: My occupation is soldier
Third: I was born on the 26 day of February Anno Domini 1893 at Montalbano Italy
Fourth: I emigrated to the United States from Naples Italy on or about the 24 day of July Anno Domini 1905 and arrived in the United States at the port of New York on the 11 day of August anno Domini 1905 on the Vessel //
etc.... I am not married..... etc....
I believe these are not only coincidences
Considering that at their arrival Angelo Lunato and his child stated Craco as Last residence and there is no place of birth listed, and considering that Montalbano is only 15 miles far from Craco maybe this record needs to be revised well....
If you are able to find Maurizio birth date you can confirm or not...
Don't you know were Maurizio is buried? on his burial there must be his birth date....
Laura
Re: Naturalization Record
All the information posted seems to indicate that Maurizio and Morris were the same person. During the war, some enlisted men were not citizens but naturalized after serving. The Pennsylvania and Michigan addresses may well be service related.
Jetty, is there any other path to citizenship for your son?
Jetty, is there any other path to citizenship for your son?
Re: Naturalization Record
Hi Mler,mler wrote:The Pennsylvania and Michigan addresses may well be service related.
you're right, in fact in the petition he is listed as stationed at Camp Crane PA.
Laura
