Ellis Island Picture Posting

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
Romano1970
Master
Master
Posts: 502
Joined: 30 Apr 2008, 00:54
Location: Colorado

Ellis Island Picture Posting

Post by Romano1970 »

Hello. Here is a link to pictures I took at Ellis Island. Some are of area where patrons are not allowed to go.

Enjoy

http://img412.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=3 ... museum.jpg
Michael Romano

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano

Those who go slowly, go safely and go far

Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
User avatar
Romano1970
Master
Master
Posts: 502
Joined: 30 Apr 2008, 00:54
Location: Colorado

Re: Ellis Island Picture Posting

Post by Romano1970 »

It also has pictures of the train station near by where a good deal of Immigrants took to get to where they were going.
Michael Romano

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano

Those who go slowly, go safely and go far

Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Ellis Island Picture Posting

Post by vj »

Thank you Michael :D
Your pictures are wonderful!
Valarie
User avatar
Romano1970
Master
Master
Posts: 502
Joined: 30 Apr 2008, 00:54
Location: Colorado

Re: Ellis Island Picture Posting

Post by Romano1970 »

My Pleasure Valarie.
Michael Romano

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano

Those who go slowly, go safely and go far

Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
User avatar
ItalianLori
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 35
Joined: 26 Nov 2006, 00:00
Location: Virginia Beach, VA , USA

Re: Ellis Island Picture Posting

Post by ItalianLori »

Thanks so much for the great photos. I lived in the city all of my life but never got to Ellis Island. My son went in 3rd grade with his class but I couldn't go. A must for this Summer! Thanks again. Makes you proud of all of those who endured the indignities and humiliations in order to become Americans.

Lori
User avatar
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite
Posts: 390
Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 14:13

Re: Ellis Island Picture Posting

Post by ChrisMosca »

great pictures!!!!! thanks michael!!!!
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
User avatar
lynnef
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 238
Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 00:00

Re: Ellis Island Picture Posting

Post by lynnef »

Great pictures, Michael! Thanks for sharing. I'll be visiting the Big Apple this weekend with my husband, and Ellis Island is on our must-see list! I've found two ship manifests on my MGGF already, and I'm hoping to locate the manifest for my MGGM. :)
User avatar
Romano1970
Master
Master
Posts: 502
Joined: 30 Apr 2008, 00:54
Location: Colorado

Re: Ellis Island Picture Posting

Post by Romano1970 »

Thank you all for the responses. I usually go to ellis at least three times per month. My Father in Law is the site manager for both liberty and Ellis Islands. I have been able to see areas of the island that are off limits to the public. I have to say that sometimes those are the more interesting parts for me.
Michael Romano

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano

Those who go slowly, go safely and go far

Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
pink67
Master
Master
Posts: 4461
Joined: 25 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: italia - liguria

Re: Ellis Island Picture Posting

Post by pink67 »

Grazie Michael,

You photos are really great!
I wa there the past august (it was my first trip to the U.S. and Ellis Island was one of the places I absolutely wanted to visit!)
But, wow!!! the areas closed to the public are very fascinating, what a shame they cannot open all the areas to the public :(
The museum is fantastic, My grandfather and my father in law passed through Ellis Island so it was so exciting and toucing for us to stay there, in the same places after 100 years... :D

Thank you very much, very interesting...
You're lucky to be there so often...

Laura
User avatar
Vincenza
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 36
Joined: 27 Jun 2006, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Ellis Island Picture Posting

Post by Vincenza »

Great pictures!!!
Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Vincenza
User avatar
Romano1970
Master
Master
Posts: 502
Joined: 30 Apr 2008, 00:54
Location: Colorado

Re: Ellis Island Picture Posting

Post by Romano1970 »

I will be going again this week. If there is any specific picture that someone would like please let me know and I will do my best to get that icture.

By the way....The Crown will b e opening up this July 4th 8O :D 8O :D
Michael Romano

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano

Those who go slowly, go safely and go far

Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
User avatar
lynnef
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 238
Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 00:00

Re: Ellis Island Picture Posting

Post by lynnef »

Romano1970 wrote:The Crown will b e opening up this July 4th 8O :D 8O :D
How cool will that be?! I heard it mentioned on the Today Show last week. The view at the top will no doubt be breathtaking to say the least! :wink:
Lynne
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Ellis Island Picture Posting

Post by wldspirit »

Fantastic pictures.....maybe one day I'll make it to New York, and can make the rounds of famous sites.
Lee
___________________________

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
User avatar
Romano1970
Master
Master
Posts: 502
Joined: 30 Apr 2008, 00:54
Location: Colorado

Re: Ellis Island Picture Posting

Post by Romano1970 »

You really Should Lee. It is an amazing place. I am trying to get there as much as possible to document with pictures because I am moving to Colorado at the end of June 2009. :cry:. I will miss being able to frequent Ellis as much as I do now.
Michael Romano

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano

Those who go slowly, go safely and go far

Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Ellis Island Picture Posting

Post by wldspirit »

Once I get all the irons out of the fire and life slows down to a reasonable pace....LOL!! There are a number of places I want to travel to, some new and some I've seen before.......by the way, I love Colorado....very beautiful.
Congratulations!!
Lee
___________________________

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Post Reply