Folks on this board have been very helpful in the past so I'm hoping you can help me again.
I'm working on my husbands Marrali line. I know that his great grandmother, Maddelana, had 2 children before she left Italy - I have found this through written evidence andd information given to me by a great aunt who is related through marriage. According to the aunt their names were Angeline and Annette. These women would be my mother-in-laws aunts - but she doesn't know much about them because there was a large gap in the children and also Maddelana and her husband Vincenzo, died young - leaving behind little information.
According to the great aunt - Angeline and Annette came over but Annette had to return to Italy because her eyes were not perfect - this is what she heard. She returned to live with her grandparents in Italy.
On a ship manifest for the SS Anna that departed Paleramo on 9 Oct 1913 - arriving in NY 22 Oct 1913 Maddelana is listed by her maiden name D'Andrea (which I hear is common), plus Vincenzo and Angela is incorrectly listed as Angelo. I can't find anything to show Annette ever came here. And they don't have records of people leaving the US.
Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Marralli Emigration
Marralli Emigration
Grazie mille - Cheryl
