There is a family story that my husband's great-grandmother had 2 sisters who were nuns in Italy. This would have been late 1800's - early 1900's. She (the grandmother) came from Licata Italy and her surname was D'Andrea.
Anyone know how I can check this information?
NUNS in LICATA
NUNS in LICATA
Grazie mille - Cheryl
Re: NUNS in LICATA
Hi I am from Licata and I have 2 aunts (Still living) who are nuns there.
Do you know the order your husband's aunts were from?
Do you know their full names?
Do you know the order your husband's aunts were from?
Do you know their full names?
Re: NUNS in LICATA
I have no specific information. The only thing I know is the last name would be D'Andre.
My husband's great-grandmother, Maddelana, was born in 1882 - so I suspect her sisters would also have been born around the same time. I believe her parents were Giuseppe D'ANDRE and Angela CALAMITA.
My husband's great-grandmother, Maddelana, was born in 1882 - so I suspect her sisters would also have been born around the same time. I believe her parents were Giuseppe D'ANDRE and Angela CALAMITA.
Grazie mille - Cheryl

