search

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
Post Reply
User avatar
trofi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 20:59

search

Post by trofi »

searching for information on a vincenzo trofa, married to carmela mattera from serra fontana ischia, married in l904
User avatar
LaceeM
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 24 Jun 2009, 19:45
Location: Frontenac, KS
Contact:

Re: search

Post by LaceeM »

Okay I am totally lost on how this all works... do I just post to these forums and hope to get answers that way. My husband's family's last name is Merando which was changed from Merenda when the came to America. They settled in Kansas I am planning to get more information from him tonight, but I'm not sure where to start on all this any ideas?
Lacee Merando
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: search

Post by suanj »

trofi wrote:searching for information on a vincenzo trofa, married to carmela mattera from serra fontana ischia, married in l904
Hi,
your ancestor's name are mentioned in this post
you will see that she arrived with Camela Mattera, wife of Vincenzo Trofa, together their two sons, Salvatore and Luigi. That may indicate that Vincenzo's father was Salvatore Trofa, and Maria's father was Luigi Mattera.
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... rt=15.html
and here
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... ostdays=0/
also I believe that here you can find some helpful info...best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: search

Post by suanj »

LaceeM wrote:Okay I am totally lost on how this all works... do I just post to these forums and hope to get answers that way. My husband's family's last name is Merando which was changed from Merenda when the came to America. They settled in Kansas I am planning to get more information from him tonight, but I'm not sure where to start on all this any ideas?
Hi and welcome!
For first thing you can make a new topic abt Merando search, including all infos that you have abt your husband's ancestor and surely we can help you!
Best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply