Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
My maternal grandfather came from Saviano and I understand it is possible to obtain his 'figlio matricolare' records by emailing the Archivio di stato di macerata in Napoi.. does anyone have the email addie for this?
I would also like a sample of what I should say (in Italian of course) .
TIA
thanks juan I have already sent letters to Saviano for both birth and marriage records but I was under the impression that military records were by district? Pretty sure the district for Saviano would be Napoli. But I do believe I tracked the address down for both email and sending a written letter.. thanks for the link to these letters this will help me ..
Has anyone else done this recently? did you email first for a 'price' for such records?
Just a follow up, we sent an email to the Archivo di Napoli and received my grandfathers military records (page scans) by email in about 2 weeks time with no charges asked for this service .. interesting reading!