I am trying to determine the first name of the grooms father on this document,It looks like Soccosso to me.Does that sound familar to anyone.
I,m sorry about the image quality,This was the best I could do from the lds.This is a marridge from 1877 in Teggiano Italy
thanks
Terry
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/7536/nic ... 7attid.jpg
help with name of father of groom Is it Soccosso?
Re: help with name of father of groom Is it Soccosso?
Hi,
it seems Soccorso. I found it like a masculine italian name . Very unusual name !!!
Regards
it seems Soccorso. I found it like a masculine italian name . Very unusual name !!!
Regards
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
Re: help with name of father of groom Is it Soccosso?
Soccorso it a first name derifing from Madonna del Soccorso devotion.... in south Italy especially...
suanj
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: help with name of father of groom Is it Soccosso?
Thank you very much


