Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if LDS had film for this town that wasn't in the public catalog (can only be viewed in Salt Lake City)? I prefer to look through film instead of requesting copies from the town. I'm looking for pre 1920's.
For a small villiage like this, would they send these vital records to another town?
Any help/suggestions would be great!
Monte Porzio, Marche, Italy
- ChrisMosca
- Elite

- Posts: 390
- Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 14:13
Re: Monte Porzio, Marche, Italy
did you try searching for the province instead at the LDS website? Monte Porzio is a commune in the province of Pesaro e Urbino.
here is a link for the commune of Monte porzio
http://www.comune.monte-porzio.pu.it/
here is a link for the commune of Monte porzio
http://www.comune.monte-porzio.pu.it/
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
Re: Monte Porzio, Marche, Italy
Hi Chris,
This is the right place. Are you suggesting that Pesaro e Urbino would have film for Monte Porzio?
I did look up Pesaro, but it didn't look like they would have this info...
I had heard that the catalog at LDS SLC is larger than the online LDS catalog.
Thanks, Mike
This is the right place. Are you suggesting that Pesaro e Urbino would have film for Monte Porzio?
I did look up Pesaro, but it didn't look like they would have this info...
I had heard that the catalog at LDS SLC is larger than the online LDS catalog.
Thanks, Mike
Re: Monte Porzio, Marche, Italy
Actaully Chris,
I reread you post... I also did a search to check to see if there was any film on the province of Pesaro e Urbino.
Thanks for the suggestion.
I reread you post... I also did a search to check to see if there was any film on the province of Pesaro e Urbino.
Thanks for the suggestion.
- piei86
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 28 Dec 2009, 21:39
- Location: San Michele al Fiume - Mondavio (PU) - Italy
- Contact:
Re: Monte Porzio, Marche, Italy
What informations does you want?
I live near Monte Porzio (5 km) and soon I'll go in the Monte Porzio's church archives for my genealogical research...
bye
Piero
I live near Monte Porzio (5 km) and soon I'll go in the Monte Porzio's church archives for my genealogical research...
bye
Piero
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Monte Porzio, Marche, Italy
Dear Msecc You might wish to write to the Ufficio di Stato Civile (or have your new found friend go there) and request birth,marriage or death records based upon form letters for documents at this website:
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html which are free of charge. You might also wish to obtain military records fromthe provincial capital which I will supply the address if you so wish.
The Monte Porzio adminstrative website is www.tuttitalia.it/marche/93-monte-porzio and their address for the Uffico di Stato Civile is under MUNICIPIO. =Peter=
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html which are free of charge. You might also wish to obtain military records fromthe provincial capital which I will supply the address if you so wish.
The Monte Porzio adminstrative website is www.tuttitalia.it/marche/93-monte-porzio and their address for the Uffico di Stato Civile is under MUNICIPIO. =Peter=
~Peter~
Re: Monte Porzio, Marche, Italy
Thank you Piero and Peter for following this thread up...
I have the two "needed" birth certificates required to apply for duel citizenship.
I have a list of "wants" from Castelvecchio di Monte Porzio... I may pass along a couple of dates and name through PM Piero. Thanks!
I have the two "needed" birth certificates required to apply for duel citizenship.
I have a list of "wants" from Castelvecchio di Monte Porzio... I may pass along a couple of dates and name through PM Piero. Thanks!
