Naturalization Documents...How long to receive

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
User avatar
mishy
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 25
Joined: 16 Sep 2008, 16:35

Naturalization Documents...How long to receive

Post by mishy »

I requested and paid for the naturalization document for my gf back in Nov. 08. Haven't received anything yet. Called and emailed twice..no response. Any ideas?
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Naturalization Documents...How long to receive

Post by mler »

I believe the wait time is about a year, a long time, I know.
User avatar
mishy
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 25
Joined: 16 Sep 2008, 16:35

Re: Naturalization Documents...How long to receive

Post by mishy »

Someone from USCIS emailed me today to apologize for the delay in responses and that she will look into the matter. Hopefully I'll get the documents soon.
User avatar
mishy
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 25
Joined: 16 Sep 2008, 16:35

Re: Naturalization Documents...How long to receive

Post by mishy »

Well, I still haven't heard anything. So much for her help!! I cannot believe this takes so long. According to the USCIS website, they mention they are behind and that they are working on the requests from earlier this year, but I sent my request in Nov. 08. I was thinking of sending another request in, only this time mailing it in with payment, not doing it online. Any thoughts...........
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Naturalization Documents...How long to receive

Post by PeterTimber »

If its urgent call your congressman and ask for his intervention (I mean what has he done for you lately?) but if it can wait write, send money..anything that will get them moving but you have to be patient..your choice. =Peter=
~Peter~
User avatar
msecc
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 29
Joined: 10 Jul 2009, 12:57

Re: Naturalization Documents...How long to receive

Post by msecc »

I'm confused... Do you get the naturalization documents from NARA or USCIS?

Could anyone point me to a picture of the actual document needed for the Consulate? I'm starting to doubt myself (whether I have the right document).

I recieved the following from NARA:
Declaration of Intention 1928
Certificate of Arrival 1931
Oath of Allegiance 1931
Petition for Citizenship 1931

What do I submit to the consulate?

Many Thanks! Mike
User avatar
Darpino
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: 25 Jul 2009, 01:27

Re: Naturalization Documents...How long to receive

Post by Darpino »

if you already have the certificate number fill out this form http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/G-1041A.pdf
if you dont know that info fill out the g-1041
Post Reply