Cemeteries in Terrasini
Cemeteries in Terrasini
We will be visiting Terrasini next month. How do I find which cemetery my relatives are buried in? They were baptised and married in Maria Santissima delle Grazie. I have the death records but do not know which cemetery. Would the church know? Would I be able to find out while we are there? When is the church open? Is there a charge? Or do I have to go to the Ufficio Servizi cimiteriali? (Same questions on hours and charges.)
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Cemeteries in Terrasini
Unless it is a very large town there will only be one cemetery operated by the town. Unless they were rich or bried in the last 50 years it is unlikely you will find a grave. See my website for reasons why not.
Good luck.
Good luck.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Re: Cemeteries in Terrasini
My Dad is buried in Terrasini ... our relatives called it 'The Fishermen's Cemetery'
Re: Cemeteries in Terrasini
Thank you for the information.
Re: Cemeteries in Terrasini
There's a book you may be interested in called "Blood washed blood". You can get it on Amazon.com
It's written by a journalist who was a foreign correspondent. He got intrigued by some of his family legends and wanted answers to questions. So he goes to Terrasini to research his genealogy and the local history.
I'll warn you- The book drags at some parts, but all in all I think there will be some valuable info. for you there before you go on your trip. He spent quite a lot of time there digging up info. and you can probably learn from some of his successes and failures.
There's also a lot of info. about the history of the area.
HTH
AG
It's written by a journalist who was a foreign correspondent. He got intrigued by some of his family legends and wanted answers to questions. So he goes to Terrasini to research his genealogy and the local history.
I'll warn you- The book drags at some parts, but all in all I think there will be some valuable info. for you there before you go on your trip. He spent quite a lot of time there digging up info. and you can probably learn from some of his successes and failures.
There's also a lot of info. about the history of the area.
HTH
AG
Re: Cemeteries in Terrasini
'Blood Washes Blood' by Frank Viviano. You can read chapter 1 at this link
http://books.simonandschuster.com/Blood ... /excerpt/1
http://books.simonandschuster.com/Blood ... /excerpt/1
Re: Cemeteries in Terrasini
Sorry for the typo. Yes, it's "blood washes blood".
Re: Cemeteries in Terrasini
Thank you. I read Chapter 1. Good information.
Re: Cemeteries in Terrasini
We just returned from Sicily. You were right, we were not successful in finding any specific gravesites. However, the experience was wonderful. Cemetery records, where we looked, only began in 1929. Their cemeteries are huge!!! It was exciting just to be there and see the gravesites in person.

