Obit lookup Dury
Obit lookup Dury
Is it possible for someone to check New York Times archives for two lookups for possible obituaries? The people are: Marie A. Dury died May 28, 1963 in Elmhurst, Queens, New York and Herbert A. Dury died Oct. 4, 1976 in Elmhurst, Queens, New York. I live in Ky. and have tried to get access to New York Times archives but been unsuccessful. I was able to have a library in New York check the Long Island Express for both persons. They could find nothing. One of my cousins is sure that obituaries were published. I can only think it could be in New York Times. Thanks for any help. N.
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Obit lookup Dury
Go to www.genealogyarchives.com for free 7 day period. Look under obituaries. There are 92 Dury listed. =Peter=
~Peter~
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Obit lookup Dury
Herbert is listed in www.worldvitalrecords.com His death is december 1976.There is no free listing for Mary or Mary A Dury. There is a "soundex on the surname" which when you click will give you 2000+ Mary Dury deaths..I went down a few pages inthe listing and came across for 1963 deaths a DARR and DEAR but did not go thru the entire listing of 2000+ listings..but its free and just research is needed. =Peter=
~Peter~
Re: Obit lookup Dury
Peter, thanks for your 2 reply. Herbert Allen Dury is my Uncle. He died On October. 4, 1976. I went to his funeral. He is listed in social security index. I also have his enlistment record. He won several medals in World War II in Europe . I am trying to find out battles he was in and where he won medals. Sometimes, Obituaries list information like that. I am also trying to get more information on where he worked. I looked at vital records and saw some information on him. I have his birth certificate. He was born in 1924. I have found him on Ancestry also. Marie Agnes Dury is my Grandmother. She was born and lived in New York all her life. I am trying to find out where she went to Nursing School. I thought it might be mentioned in her obituary. Some one told me that there is another paper in Long Island that has obituaries. It is Newsday. Do you know who would have archives on that paper? I will further check newspaper site you sent. Thanks again for your help. N.
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Obit lookup Dury
Thanks for Newsday site. I went to my library yesterday but they don't have access to old papers of New York Times . They only have our local papers. I just thought if could get at our library would save time . N.
