Where can I get decorative flags for regions of Italy?
- montclaire
- Veteran

- Posts: 195
- Joined: 16 Aug 2008, 15:01
Where can I get decorative flags for regions of Italy?
I'm looking to get an outdoor flag depicting the crest for Avigliano, PZ. The crest is two lions and a tree. I have found some more popular flags online but nothing Aviglianese. I figured maybe a company based in Italy might have something.
- montclaire
- Veteran

- Posts: 195
- Joined: 16 Aug 2008, 15:01
Re: Where can I get decorative flags for regions of Italy?
As a note, I did find this link on another posting here, but it seems like more of a symbol database. It does not look like they are **SPAM** anything with the crest on it, but only so much of the page will translate through google so it's hard to say..
http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... n&ie=UTF-8

http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... n&ie=UTF-8

Re: Where can I get decorative flags for regions of Italy?
You could try >HERE<, this is the Italian 'region' page but they do flags for all over the world.montclaire wrote:I'm looking to get an outdoor flag depicting the crest for Avigliano, PZ. The crest is two lions and a tree. I have found some more popular flags online but nothing Aviglianese. I figured maybe a company based in Italy might have something.
They do also have the >POTENZA FLAG< under which Avigliano falls.
It says they ship all over the world, so it might pay to ask them if they stock flags for smaller towns like Avigliano. However, be warned...I bet they are closed at the moment for annual holidays so don't be surprised if you do ask and don't get an answer straight away!
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
- montclaire
- Veteran

- Posts: 195
- Joined: 16 Aug 2008, 15:01
Re: Where can I get decorative flags for regions of Italy?
Thanks, I've sent them an email and will respond if I get an answer.
- montclaire
- Veteran

- Posts: 195
- Joined: 16 Aug 2008, 15:01
Re: Where can I get decorative flags for regions of Italy?
I just wanted to note that I did get a response but they do not produce an Aviglianese flag. They do seem to have a number of other ones though, so you may still want to give them a try if you're looking for a more popular area.
Re: Where can I get decorative flags for regions of Italy?
Sorry 'montclaire'... I'm not looking for a flag.
I was just trying to help you find your Aviglianese one..
I was just trying to help you find your Aviglianese one..
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
- montclaire
- Veteran

- Posts: 195
- Joined: 16 Aug 2008, 15:01
Re: Where can I get decorative flags for regions of Italy?
I just meant in general in case someone does a search in the future.
Thanks again
Thanks again
Re: Where can I get decorative flags for regions of Italy?
montclaire wrote:I just meant in general in case someone does a search in the future.
Thanks again
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
- montclaire
- Veteran

- Posts: 195
- Joined: 16 Aug 2008, 15:01
Re: Where can I get decorative flags for regions of Italy?
Just a note, I used a contact form on the Avigliano website requesting info about flags for purchase.
I haven't gotten a response yet, but from what I hear they take their time, especially in August.
I haven't gotten a response yet, but from what I hear they take their time, especially in August.
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Where can I get decorative flags for regions of Italy?
There is a manufacturer inthe uSA who maybe able to assist you. Call 1-877-734-2458 and tell him to look at the coat of arms for avigliano at www.tuttitalia.it/basilicata/59-avigliano
This will show the coat of arms for Avigliano and the town website as well. =Peter=
This will show the coat of arms for Avigliano and the town website as well. =Peter=
~Peter~
