Quick follow up. Found National Archive papers. Yet another name: Galmbaradella!!!
JPapad
Gambardella
Re: Gambardella
Thanks again for that additional info.
S.G. had a daughter Julia who was also an artist. On the census her nationality was Italian.
On all the papers I have, he considered himself as neopolitan. He escaped from Italy on a US warship.
I don't know if you have seen the picture of S.G. and son D S-G I have attached from the National Portrait Gallery
His son was married 3 times and the father's name was always stated as Dion Smith Gambardella - artist - which is a bit mysterious - perhaps victorian etiquette?
S.G. had a daughter Julia who was also an artist. On the census her nationality was Italian.
On all the papers I have, he considered himself as neopolitan. He escaped from Italy on a US warship.
I don't know if you have seen the picture of S.G. and son D S-G I have attached from the National Portrait Gallery
His son was married 3 times and the father's name was always stated as Dion Smith Gambardella - artist - which is a bit mysterious - perhaps victorian etiquette?
- Veronesi-Guardini
- Rookie

- Posts: 43
- Joined: 30 Dec 2008, 12:38
- Location: Torquay, Devon
Re: Gambardella
Its funny you should mention Naples as his last place of sighting
I am currently looking into a family tree for a friend of mine (surname Brandi)
Her great-grandmother was a Gambardella, and her family were all from around Naples and Amalfi
Perhaps there was a family connection that brought him there?
I am currently looking into a family tree for a friend of mine (surname Brandi)
Her great-grandmother was a Gambardella, and her family were all from around Naples and Amalfi
Perhaps there was a family connection that brought him there?
