nuccia wrote:Thank you all so much for your help...especially mfjp. My childrens great grandmother passed away on Thursday(my husbands grandmother). She was 92. After the funeral yesterday, the family, which is quite large and rarely together was able to all meet. She was the glue that held the family together and it was Nonnas wish that we never forget where we came from and each other. I mentioned the last few weeks that I had been researching the families and found that several of my husbands cousins had tried to do the same but didn't know where to start. I was able to provide them information I had gotten and they filled in missing pieces. I have emailed everyone all the info this afternoon and the name of this website. I knew there was a reason for the interest in our family! Thank you all for your help.
My condolences to you and your family. I thank you too... your last post meant a lot to me.
I know you've made a contribution to your family by seeking your children's roots. I hope your husband is proud of you. Hopefully one day, your children will continue with this family project.
I can remember asking my Grandfather about his father... and all he could tell me was "no lo sa"... (I don't know) after a long pause. After he passed away, we also questioned Nonna about him... and she could only answer "no lo sa". My Grandfather (living in Italy at the time) was only 4 when his father died here in Canada.
Years later, teaming up with cousins, we got most of the answers we needed. We had a difficult time, but we had a great time. I can never forget the triumphs we shared...
E-mail is so wonderful! Glad you emailed your paesans and hope a family network is established. Hope you have Genea software to keep track of everyone.
Through research, I've been able to connect with paesanos from Newfoundland right to British Columbia and down to West Virginia. It began by just a "hello" email...", making a few long distance calls, sharing genea trees written on taped up paper sent via snail mail. A couple of years later, I found myself having lunch with a few of them here in Toronto at the Mandarine.
What I really love about research is not just finding an ancestor of years ago, but by connecting with paesanos here today in Canada and the USA who also share the same interests.
Christmas is coming, and have been busy with other projects, but find it hard to avoid this forum...
Well... it's snowing again... and I hear that we are in for an icy cold December..
I haven't given up on that 1910 census record... yet...
Thanking you,
maria