Hello,maddief wrote:I am currently trying to obtion dual citizenship through my paternal grandfather, Franco Franconi, so I can work in Europe. Unfortunately, both of my grandparents are deceased and the rest of the family doesn't know if my grandfather ever naturalized (or my great-grandfather, Ferdinando Franconi, for that matter since my grandfather was a minor when he arrived in the States). In any case, the National Records Center in Missouri has told me it will take anywhere from five months to a year to get this information back. Is there any other way to find out whether he naturalized or not? I could be getting a lot of the paperwork together in the meantime but I'm just out of college and don't have the money to spare if I can't even apply in the end. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd appreciate any help.
(My grandfather, Franco Franconi, was born in the Reggio Calabria region of Italy in 1909 and came to the States when he was three years old. He returned to Italy when he was 16 for three more years and then finally settled in the Wyoming Valley region of Pennsylvania. Again, his father, Ferdinando Franconi, might have naturalized for the household while my father was still a minor.)
I would suggest you to contact the Naturalization record office in St.Louis, Missouri.
USCIS National Record Center
FOIA Division
P.O. Box 648010
Lee Summit, MO 64064-5570
I experienced that one they get your request, that answer you right away telling you the cost of the research ( $ 25 if found, otherwise it is free), and after that in a couple of weeks thay tell you if they found if or not
I also suggest you this web page
http://home.att.net/~wee-monster/natura ... cords.html
I hope it helps, bye Riccardo



