I have found my Great, Great Grandfather who came in at Castle Gardens JOHN CALLAHAN at age 17 arrived on 3 July 1862 from the Port of Liverpool on the ship~ City of Baltimore. Is there any way on finding more information on him? I would like to find his Naturalization papers.
Thank you for your help. ~ Rita
Please....Need help finding Irish information
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Please....Need help finding Irish information
He was not destined to remain in NYC. Do you have any indication of where he went to live, work etc. =Peter=
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Please....Need help finding Irish information
Rita bear in mind that the American Civil war started in 1861 and he arrived in 1862....... and was destined to somewhere outside NYC.....where is USA seat for your(?) Callahan family in oral family history? =Peter=
Re: Please....Need help finding Irish information
Sorry,all I know is that John Callahan came in through Castle Gardens, NY.
"where is USA seat for your(?) Callahan family in oral family history? =Peter=" :/ I don't understand what you mean by this.
John Callahan found June 8,1880 NYC, 1900 Census Brooklyn. I believe his wife's name is Helen White and my Great Grandfather's name is Thomas Michael Aloysius Callahan~ born approx. Sept. 11,1869 died Sept. 11,1938,(have copy of Death Certificate) married Elizabeth C. Paterson. Has brothers John,Matthew and sister Ann. Thomas was a NY Police Officer, Matthew was a fireman.
Is there any way on finding more on them now?
"where is USA seat for your(?) Callahan family in oral family history? =Peter=" :/ I don't understand what you mean by this.
John Callahan found June 8,1880 NYC, 1900 Census Brooklyn. I believe his wife's name is Helen White and my Great Grandfather's name is Thomas Michael Aloysius Callahan~ born approx. Sept. 11,1869 died Sept. 11,1938,(have copy of Death Certificate) married Elizabeth C. Paterson. Has brothers John,Matthew and sister Ann. Thomas was a NY Police Officer, Matthew was a fireman.
Is there any way on finding more on them now?
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Please....Need help finding Irish information
I am sorry that you did not understand my phraseology and since this is an Italian forum perhaps it might be best to locate an Irish genealogy forum where there are experienced genealogist able to assist you in your genealogy research. =Peter=
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Please....Need help finding Irish information
The Irish forum can be accessed under the main menu of this forum to your left of the screen. =Peter=
