Thanks to lots of help from this site I tracked my grandfather to his marriage in the 20s and his house in the 30s. However I'm stuck at that point. I think I've searched every place I can for his arrival to the US in either 1903 or 1905 (cant read the original papers) My original thread is here.
Original posts
ANyway: Is there a website that list departures from Italy? Similar to EllisIsland.org Or were passports needed back then? If so is there an on line searchable site?
Another question about searching Italy. In a google or other search enging attempt, no sites from Italy show up. I do find some ".it" sites while searching for streaving Italian TV. But is there a google type search engine for Italian Internet sites?
I know it's a long shot but I wouldn't be opposed to searching each and every manifest that came into NY (since spellings can be off) but the search engines dont seem to allow looking only by year.
THanks again for your help.
~
Italy departure passenger lists "Carosiello"
- TangoChaser
- Rookie

- Posts: 29
- Joined: 08 Dec 2008, 14:54
- Location: Florida USA
- Contact:
Re: Italy departure passenger lists "Carosiello"
I noticed its been a while since youve been on this website, but hopefully, you see this. I too am a Carosiello, of a much younger generation, but still blood non the less. if im not mistaken, i believe your father was my grandfather's brother. Making my father, your direct cousin. i am intersted in talking to you. If you do get to read this please contact me. My e-mail is pcarosiello598@hotmail.com. Thanx
