Peca surname Casaconditella, Chieti Abruzzi

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
User avatar
PecaCasaconditella
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 15 May 2009, 01:35

Peca surname Casaconditella, Chieti Abruzzi

Post by PecaCasaconditella »

Hello, I am trying to find more info about grandfather's father's family back in Italy. My great-grandfather was Settimio Peca born around 1866 in Casaconditella Italy. He came over with at least one brother named William Damuico (born around 1870) and they lived in Philadelphia and ran a tailor shop for several years. Settimio went back to Italy twice that I know of- once taking my grandfather Walter around 1912. Settimio's father was Luigi but I do not know his mother's name or any info on his father. Luigi would have been born around 1840 and he died somewhere around 1914 as William went back to Italy to settle his estate.

I found several Peca's in Philly around the same time and some lived next to or with Settimio so I assume they were Uncles, brother's or cousins.

Any info on Casaconditella? The family history was rumored to originally come from Albania, but left during the 1500-1600 during the Moor invasion and they crossed the Adriadic and settled in Chieti and may be Arberesh (sp?).

I have a subscription to ancestry and have passenger records, census records and passport records but am interested in the family that remained in Italy.

Thanks!

Amybeth
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Peca surname Casaconditella, Chieti Abruzzi

Post by suanj »

the exact town name is CASACANDITELLA

by Mormon's microfilms you can find any record abt your ancestors:

Topic Italy, Chieti, Casacanditella - Civil registration

Titles Registri ecclesiastici, 1809-1900 Casacanditella (Chieti). Ufficio dello stato civile

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... umns=*,0,0
best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Peca surname Casaconditella, Chieti Abruzzi

Post by suanj »

the exact town name is CASACANDITELLA

by Mormon's microfilms you can find any record abt your ancestors:

Topic Italy, Chieti, Casacanditella - Civil registration

Titles Registri ecclesiastici, 1809-1900 Casacanditella (Chieti). Ufficio dello stato civile

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... umns=*,0,0
best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
PecaCasaconditella
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 15 May 2009, 01:35

Re: Peca surname Casacanditella, Chieti Abruzzi

Post by PecaCasaconditella »

Thank you. Actually I goofed on the spelling- meant an "a." Thanks for letting me know.

How do I access the microfilms? I guess they don't have access online?

Thanks again!
Amybeth
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Peca surname Casaconditella, Chieti Abruzzi

Post by suanj »

by this link http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp

you can find the Mormon's center near your area... and any further and very helpful infos ... best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply