Hi All,
I am trying to find the birth certificate for my great grand father Giosue Mattavelli, son of Pietro Mattavelli and Michelia Verderia. He was born in Dec 23rd 1886. He had a borther whose name was Guido.
I can't find the city, since it was a city next to Milano and the papers says Milano.
My father remebers Modena, but Modena is not so close to Milano. I was thinking if he had not mistaken Modena by Cesano Mademo. Does anybody have any info on that?
Thanks a lot !
Mattavelli Family - Milano Region
- fabiomataveli
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 19 Jun 2009, 18:35
Re: Mattavelli Family - Milano Region
Sorry a mistake: its is Giosue/Giuseppe Mattavelli and Michelina Verderia
Re: Mattavelli Family - Milano Region
Hi Fabio,
using this very helpful site:
http://italia.indettaglio.it/eng/cognomi/cognomi.html
it seems that both Mattavelli and Verderio
are present for first in the town of Vimercate (just 18 miles from Milan), so, as you absolutely don't know the town of origin why don't try to ask for the certificate in that Comune?
It's just an attempt but who knows?
Laura
using this very helpful site:
http://italia.indettaglio.it/eng/cognomi/cognomi.html
it seems that both Mattavelli and Verderio
are present for first in the town of Vimercate (just 18 miles from Milan), so, as you absolutely don't know the town of origin why don't try to ask for the certificate in that Comune?
It's just an attempt but who knows?
Laura
- fabiomataveli
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 19 Jun 2009, 18:35
Re: Mattavelli Family - Milano Region
Hi Larua,
Grazie for the help ! And also thank you for correcting my gramma maiden name. I will start with letters to all comuni.
Thanks a lot,
Fabio
Grazie for the help ! And also thank you for correcting my gramma maiden name. I will start with letters to all comuni.
Thanks a lot,
Fabio
