Hello Everyone!!!!
I had a Great Aunt tell me that the town of Buti was pretty much destroyed during World War II. Is this true? It is a little north of Pisa.
If it was, did any records survive? Where would I write for those records that did survive?
If Buti was not damaged too much by the Germans and Americans, where would I write for information from the mid to late 1800's?
Thank you for your help.
Lorie Franceschi
Auburn CA
BUTI? wWas it destroyed in WWII?
Re: BUTI? wWas it destroyed in WWII?
Hi Buti Common exist, many towns in Italy they were destroyed and reconstructed. For destruction not agree destruction serious total, but damages for strafing...currently in Buti living around 6000 persons... this are official website Buti Common http://www.comune.buti.info/index.htmLoriefran wrote:Hello Everyone!!!!
I had a Great Aunt tell me that the town of Buti was pretty much destroyed during World War II. Is this true? It is a little north of Pisa.
If it was, did any records survive? Where would I write for those records that did survive?
If Buti was not damaged too much by the Germans and Americans, where would I write for information from the mid to late 1800's?
Thank you for your help.
Lorie Franceschi
Auburn CA
...for your question to write to Buti Common.. (Ufficio Stato Civile and Ufficio Anagrafe) servizi.demografici@comune.buti.pi.it
also:
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Giovanni XXIII, 7
56032 Buti (PI)
Italia
Regards, suanj
CVivil rfecords for Buti go from 1867 to 1915 and are also on micorfilm at the family History Library of the Mormon church nearest your home. You can either write to Buti or view the micorfilm of all births, marriages and deaths and/or request specific current documents form the Uffico Di Stato Civile. Peter


