It seems we (Thanks to your help) have tracked my father (born in Italy) and his father (born in Italy) to Faeto in the Foggia Region.
When I was looking up information for that Region I came across this website: http://www.surnamesinitaly.com/regions/ ... /faeto.htm
It shows a list of surnames for the area. The page indicated the surname is followed by a number, the number indicated how many families in the region with that surname. Line #4 reads as follows;
CAROSELLI 2 * CAROSIELLI 3 * CAROSIELLI 7 * CAROSIELLO MARELLA *
The first 3 are variations, the last one is how my name is spelled. What has me scratching my head is two things.
1) There is no number after the surname.
2) My last name is followed by "Marella"
So would that be a combined family? I'm not sure how to read that. The Marella seems to be a constant connection if you see the geneology thread on this site in another post:
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... 11059.html
So I'm guessing the families were "combined" or married??
SURNAME: Carosiello Marella (seems odd)
- TangoChaser
- Rookie

- Posts: 29
- Joined: 08 Dec 2008, 14:54
- Location: Florida USA
- Contact:
