I have been trying to learn sicilianu and so far I have had no luck. Does anyone know anyone or a site that coudl teach me?
Grazie,
Giacomo
Cu paja prima, pistia li pisci fitusi!
Does anyone here speak siciliano?
- jwiilliams
- Rookie

- Posts: 27
- Joined: 29 Dec 2007, 21:19
- Location: Maryland
Does anyone here speak siciliano?
Cu paja prima, pistia li pisci fitusi!
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Does anyone here speak siciliano?
There is a Sicilian language course on line that may be helpful to you in your Introduction to the Sicilan language which is considered to be a dialect since Toscana was voted in as the language of Italy at time of unification.
Go to www.linguasiciliana.org/grammatica_file/course.htm
http://Italian.about.com/od/sicilian/Si ... ilianu.htm
Youcan enrich your vocabulary bygoing to www.sicilianculture.com/dialect/proverbs.htm
If you are sufficiently motivated you will memorize grammar! =Peter=
Go to www.linguasiciliana.org/grammatica_file/course.htm
http://Italian.about.com/od/sicilian/Si ... ilianu.htm
Youcan enrich your vocabulary bygoing to www.sicilianculture.com/dialect/proverbs.htm
If you are sufficiently motivated you will memorize grammar! =Peter=
~Peter~
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Does anyone here speak siciliano?
POSTSCRIPT: Starting out one need know an alphabet, background and resources.
Go to www.omniglot.com/writing/sicilian.htm as a precursor to the above websites I recommended to you. =Peter=
Go to www.omniglot.com/writing/sicilian.htm as a precursor to the above websites I recommended to you. =Peter=
~Peter~
- jwiilliams
- Rookie

- Posts: 27
- Joined: 29 Dec 2007, 21:19
- Location: Maryland
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Does anyone here speak siciliano?
How are you progressing with Sicilian grammar? I am teaching myself a dialect and I can appreciate what youmay be experiencing. There is a dialect website if you ge stuck on a word or get back to me. Of Course, the best way is to visit Sicily for a year, meet up with a lovely lady and learn how to speak Sicilian at a faster rate as it were. =Peter=
~Peter~