I've used this forum before to help with my research on Luigi Gargaro and his spouses but I've hit a dead end and although not technically Italian Genealogy, I just hope somebody can help or point me in the right direction.
Elizabeth Farley had 4 children with Luigi (aka Louis and Lewis) Gargaro.
She is my grandmother's grandmother.
She was born in Monkleigh in Devon according to census data.
She was born about 1861.
Her first child was my great grandfather Dominic Gargaro born May 7, 1880 in Clerkenwell.
It's unlikely she and Luigi were married as his second spouse who he married in 1891, 'Frances Smith' lists him as a bachelor on the certificate.
She was living in Woolwich when she is thought to have died.
That's all I know! I've tried Ancestry.co.uk/FreeBMD and had no luck searching for her birth record or death record. I tried searching for her as Farley and Farleigh.
Being from Devon I thought she would be easy to find in a pretty much unpopulated area but there are no records of Farley's in Monkleigh (although I noticed a couple of Farley's in the nearby village of Frithelstock).
Seriously this mystery is bugging me so much I have no proper records about the existence of this woman except some census data and the birth records of her children. If anybody could help me know a little more about her I would be so so grateful.
All the best
Miles R. Brown

