Has anyone done any family history research in the town Castelfranco Veneto?
I've been in contact with the local archives but now I need to find church records.
Does anyone know which churches would probably contain family records from before 1871.
Research in Castelfranco
Re: Research in Castelfranco
There is alot of churches in the town of Castelfranco Veneto here is the list
http://www.paginegialle.it/pgol/4-chies ... o%20Veneto
Letters to church parish
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... rishpriest
Marty A
http://www.paginegialle.it/pgol/4-chies ... o%20Veneto
Letters to church parish
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... rishpriest
Marty A
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Research in Castelfranco
Adelfo.
Thanks for your reply. I've looked at the list. What is my best option. Should I write to each church, or is there one more likely to have what I'm looking for. What approach should I take to narrow down the choices?
Gary
Thanks for your reply. I've looked at the list. What is my best option. Should I write to each church, or is there one more likely to have what I'm looking for. What approach should I take to narrow down the choices?
Gary
Re: Research in Castelfranco
Did you try writing to the comune of Castelfranco Veneto before going to the church? Are you postive on the town also because there are many different Castelfranco"s Italy, Cosenza, Castrolibero,Italy, Modena, Castelfranco,Italy, Rieti, Castelfranco
Marty
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Research in Castelfranco
I've been in contact with the comune of Castelfranco Veneto and have had success. The trail stops with my great grandfather. The comune does not have any records prior to 1871. They sent me a letter and suggested I contact the local parishes. I'm fairly new at researching family history. That's why I came looking for advice about church records. Maybe I'll have to write to each parrish.
Re: Research in Castelfranco
Was there any address on there birth records or other records you have maybe the streets are still there and get the closest church to the address usually it will say Via something ??? on the records
Marty
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Research in Castelfranco
The two documents I've received from the comune don't show any address on the birth record. I think I'll write to the oldest churches and hopefully get a response. I have sent 2 emails to one church but so far they have not responded. I've found some family in the town and they are starting to help as well. In the future I may actually travel to Italy. So I also need to find out what is required to search church and state archives in person.
Gary
Gary

