Lupo and Campisi Families
Lupo and Campisi Families
I have been trying find info on my great-grandparents who lived in Sicily. My grand-parents names were Salvatore Lupo and Marianna (Marie, Maria, Mary) Campisi (Lupo). Through Ancestry.com, I found out they entered New Orleans, LA, in 1898 and 1895. They lived in Donaldsonville, LA & New Orleans, LA. Their children were born in Donaldsonville, LA, USA, from about 1903 - 1919. The children were Josephine, Frank, Francesca, Pauline, Marie, George, Anita, and Cecilia (my mother). My grand-parents were married in 1900. My grand-mother was born in Sicily in 1876 (Marianna, Maria, Marie, Mary) Campisi. I tried looking for my grand-mother's birth certificate in Sicily, hoping to get her parents' names through Ancestry.com. No luck! No one living knows the first names of my great-grandparents who lived in Sicily on both sides. If anyone recognizes the names above or can help in any way, please contact me. Thanks, Stephanie
Re: Lupo and Campisi Families
Hi, I believe that this record could be abt your grandmother:
New Orleans Passenger Lists, 1820-1945
about Maria Campisi Name: Maria Campisi
Arrival Date: 20 May 1895
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Port of Departure: Palermo, Italy
Ship Name: Montebello
Port of Arrival: New Orleans, Louisiana
Last Residence: Sambuca
National Archives' Series Number: M259_81
seeming born around 1873 .. last residence Sambuca di Sicilia.. travelling alone..
another record but no much probable:
New Orleans Passenger Lists, 1820-1945
about Maria Campesi
Name: Maria Campesi (Campisi)
Arrival Date: 9 Nov 1891
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Port of Departure: Palermo, Italy
Ship Name: Italia
Port of Arrival: New Orleans, Louisiana
National Archives' Series Number: M259_75
obviously we cannot be very sure, but the first is a probable record.. just my suggestion,
regards,
suanj
New Orleans Passenger Lists, 1820-1945
about Maria Campisi Name: Maria Campisi
Arrival Date: 20 May 1895
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Port of Departure: Palermo, Italy
Ship Name: Montebello
Port of Arrival: New Orleans, Louisiana
Last Residence: Sambuca
National Archives' Series Number: M259_81
seeming born around 1873 .. last residence Sambuca di Sicilia.. travelling alone..
another record but no much probable:
New Orleans Passenger Lists, 1820-1945
about Maria Campesi
Name: Maria Campesi (Campisi)
Arrival Date: 9 Nov 1891
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Port of Departure: Palermo, Italy
Ship Name: Italia
Port of Arrival: New Orleans, Louisiana
National Archives' Series Number: M259_75
obviously we cannot be very sure, but the first is a probable record.. just my suggestion,
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
-
elmwoodabby
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 11 Jul 2018, 18:21
Re: Lupo and Campisi Families
Hello, I am also looking for family members of my great-grandfather, Nicholas Campisi. Ancestry shows that he was from Cafalu, Palermo, Sicily, Italy. Born on Nov 11, 1879. He then emigrated & went to Donaldsonville, LA. I know that some of his children were born there. However, I cannot find any records of his travel. He married Angelina Gurcio & they lived in LA for some time, then Buffalo, NY. Are you an Ancestry member? They are most-likely related!
-
jagerace73
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 02 Mar 2019, 01:42
Re: Lupo and Campisi Families
I am also searching for Campisi's from Donaldsonville, but have not had any luck. If you have come across Antonina "Lena" Campisi was born 12.1.1898 and confirmed in Ascension Church in Donaldsonville, LA on 5.27.1909, I assume she was born in the states. She was orphaned to a family member and raised by Vincenzi Marsala and Antonia Giodina(Per 1910 census) please let me know Thanks
Re: Lupo and Campisi Families
On the off chance that following up to this 8-year-old thread will do anything, I am 99% sure that the "Josephine" you list above was my grandmother.
