Emmigration memorabilia

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
Post Reply
User avatar
Italysearcher
Master
Master
Posts: 3470
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
Location: Sora, Italy
Contact:

Emmigration memorabilia

Post by Italysearcher »

This year Italy is celebrating 150 years since the nation became united. Sora is planning an exhibition and one of the themes is EMMIGRATION. As I am in charge of that theme I am asking Italgen members if they are prepared to loan any memorabilia for the exhibition. I am looking for steamer tickets, passports or travel documents prior to 1900 (the earlier the better) etc.
If you can help me out please email me at italysearch @ gmail.com.
Thanks again!
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Post Reply