My father is naturalized in 54 and moved here from reggio calabria in 49, he married my mother via phone and she came in 51 from capistrano but she went back and forth and did not naturalize until 1965.
Both my sister were born when my mother was an italian citizen , however I was born in 73.
I don't think it's possible for me, but I'd still like to try to apply for italian citizenship. I have uncle's and and other family in italy, my grandparents on both side were born and died there...
can anyone offer advice on how to go about this or recommend sites to where i can inquire about italian citizenship....i think my sisters would have no problem but since both my parents were naturalized by the time i was born i think it would be very difficult for me...
thank you for any help
grazie
Looking for advice on applying for italian citizenship
Re: Looking for advice on applying for italian citizenship
check out myitaliancitizenship.com
this site offers a list of what you will need to qualify for dual citizenship and outlines the neccesary steps to take.
this site offers a list of what you will need to qualify for dual citizenship and outlines the neccesary steps to take.
Re: Looking for advice on applying for italian citizenship
It appears to be a paying website so advice may cost you money. Check this out with whomever you contact first before you commit yourself. peter


