Hi
I just recently learned the names of my Great Grandparents Vito Lorenzo Busco and Maria Carmin Borraggine.
I know of four children Vito Santos, Beatrice, Guiseppe, and Domenichella.
My Great Grandparents remained in Italy as did Domenichella who I believe married Donato Fousoditura or he could be her son. Address : via Caracciolo #6 Cassamassima Bari, Italy . This info was found on my Grand Father's 7/24/1963 passport for his last visit to Italy. I was told Domenichella is deceased, I don't know the date. I do not speak or read Italian so I am hesitate to write to this old address (1963)
My Grandfather Joseph ( Guiseppe) born 4/1/1896 died 1965 immigrated to America 6/29/1913 age 17yrs.
Vito Santo (Willie) born 1890 died 1958 immigrated to America 6/18/1906 age 25 yrs.
Beatrice born 1893 died 1985 immigrated to America 2/15/1920 age 26 yrs.
Domenichella ???????????
In 1915 the Certificato Generale Tribunale di Bari states Al nome di Busco Guiseppe di o fu Vito Lorenzo e di o fu Borraggine Ma Carmin nat il 1 April 1896 in Cassamassima Provincia di Bari.
Ellis Island lists Cassamassima as all of their last place of residence.
I would love to know their parents, dates of birth, death marriage and any other information that could be found.
Thank you for any assistance given,
Lorraine
Busco Family - Cassamassima, Italy
Re: Busco Family - Cassamassima, Italy
There are film records of Casamassima (Bari), 1809-1900 from Family History Library for rent and viewing for Births, marriages, banns, marriage documents, deaths, miscellaneous documents, citizenship records
Family HIstory Locator
https://www.familysearch.org/locations
Ordering microfilms from Family History Library
https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki ... ory_Center
Reading and translating Italian records
https://www.familysearch.org/learningce ... 22Italy%22
Reoords from Family History Library of Casamassima,Bari
https://www.familysearch.org/eng/librar ... +Casamassi++
You can find alot of family info from birth(NATI) and marriage(MATRIMONIO) and death(MORTI) records
Great Researching
Marty
Family HIstory Locator
https://www.familysearch.org/locations
Ordering microfilms from Family History Library
https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki ... ory_Center
Reading and translating Italian records
https://www.familysearch.org/learningce ... 22Italy%22
Reoords from Family History Library of Casamassima,Bari
https://www.familysearch.org/eng/librar ... +Casamassi++
You can find alot of family info from birth(NATI) and marriage(MATRIMONIO) and death(MORTI) records
Great Researching
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Busco Family - Cassamassima, Italy
Hi Marty,
You are fast to respond! Thank you for all of the links, hopefully I'll find something !
I need the time to search, seems like there is so much more to do since Spring arrived.
Lorraine
You are fast to respond! Thank you for all of the links, hopefully I'll find something !
I need the time to search, seems like there is so much more to do since Spring arrived.
Lorraine
Re: Busco Family - Cassamassima, Italy
Hello. Joseph Busco was my great grandfather. I always wondered if his name was really Guiseppe and he chose to Americanize his name as Joseph. Now I know, so thank you
I have records that my dad sourced from ancestry.com. Not sure if I have info that you don't already have though.
Take care,
Amy
Take care,
Amy

