I am trying to help my friend Kathy with her genealogy. She has been trying, without success, to find information on her grandfather Giuseppe without making any great feats.
He is born May 6 1890, Motta Santa Lucia.
Her grandfather Giuseppe Nicandro came over in 1909.
MANIFEST
pg1: http://postimg.org/image/gzu3ore93/full/
pg2: http://postimg.org/image/tkotw11t1/full/
He said on manifest that he was going to brother Antonio Bevacqua in Youngstown/Johnstown, PA. He also stated that his nearest relation was Michelina (I believe). I have numerous documentation on Antonio Bevacqua (I believe he died abroad in Italy) including his passport where he states his father is Felice Serianni Bevacqua.
While going through documents for Kathy, I found his Sons of Italy paperwork which states his name is Giuseppe D Ignoto Nicandro.
Sons of Italy Document: http://postimg.org/image/qlgrkfim1/
My friend Kathy said that she was told her grandfather's parents were not married. On her grandparents' marriage certificate, Giuseppe's parents were written as SAM NICANDRO (residing in Punxsutawney, PA) and mother GRACETTA TURCA. None of these names are valid Italian names, so I know these are incorrect. Kathy's mother was told that her father's mother died in the "Great Ash" (I have never heard of this) in Italy.
Her grandfather's obituary also stated he had stepbrothers and 1 brother in Texas.
He was married twice.
I do not have a 1910 or 1940 census for him either. All I was able to find, as was Kathy, was the 1920 and 1930 census.
1920 census: http://postimg.org/image/izhl0rpwv/
1930 census: http://postimg.org/image/57shw828j/


