Hi,
I'm trying to track down a birth certificate for my grandfather. He was born in 1893 with the surname Tomolillo. I think he was born near Mount Cassino. I've seen references to the city of Cassino but I haven't been able to find an official city government address in order to request a birth certificate.
I would appreciate any help with this (or any other similiar sounding cities/government addresses in the immediate area).
Grazie mille
Andrew
Cassino Italy?
- Andrewjmarino
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 11 Feb 2005, 00:00
- Contact:
Re: Cassino Italy?
Maybe...
Montecassino, Lazio IT
Here's a map just in case this is your town of interest...
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?fo ... o&zipcode=
mfjp
Montecassino, Lazio IT
Here's a map just in case this is your town of interest...
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?fo ... o&zipcode=
mfjp
Re: Cassino Italy?
Hi Again...
Not many from Montecassino... but if you zoom in on the map I linked up above maybe one of the towns mentioned below is near Monte Cassino.
www.ellisisland.org search with name as written below
Tommolillo,Ernest Napoli 1902 age 27
Tomolillo,Angelo S. Elia Rafride 1900 age 26
Tomolillo,Antonio S. Elia..., Italy 1914 47ÂÂ
Tomolillo,Antonio  1914 46ÂÂ
Tomolillo,Carmine Cassino, Italy 1910ÂÂ
Tomolillo,Filippo S. Elia, Italy 1912 18ÂÂ
Tomolillo,Guiseppa Rocchetta, Campobosso 1908 20ÂÂ
Tomolillo,Luigi S.S. Purifiacazone, Bermuda 1915 23
Tonellol,Francesco Arcade, Italy 1913 24
Tuinolillo,Giorlando  1895 32
Tumliali,Antonino Bianco, Italy 1913 21
Tummolillo,Francesco Cervaro, Caserta 1914 37
Tummolillo,Maria Muro Luc. 1906 0ÂÂ
Tummolillo,Pietro Muro Luc. 1906 8ÂÂ
Tummolillo,Rosa Napoli 1903 23ÂÂ
Tumolillo,Angelo S. Elisa Ym Rapido 1897ÂÂ
Tumolillo,Irene Chieti, Italy 1922 51ÂÂ
Tunnilillo,Angelo Rapone, Italy 1911 7ÂÂ
Tunnilillo,Maria Rapone, Italy 1911 9
Tunnilillo,Pitro Rapone, Italy 1911 11
Tunnilillo,Vito Rapone, Italy 1911 4
mfjp
Not many from Montecassino... but if you zoom in on the map I linked up above maybe one of the towns mentioned below is near Monte Cassino.
www.ellisisland.org search with name as written below
Tommolillo,Ernest Napoli 1902 age 27
Tomolillo,Angelo S. Elia Rafride 1900 age 26
Tomolillo,Antonio S. Elia..., Italy 1914 47ÂÂ
Tomolillo,Antonio  1914 46ÂÂ
Tomolillo,Carmine Cassino, Italy 1910ÂÂ
Tomolillo,Filippo S. Elia, Italy 1912 18ÂÂ
Tomolillo,Guiseppa Rocchetta, Campobosso 1908 20ÂÂ
Tomolillo,Luigi S.S. Purifiacazone, Bermuda 1915 23
Tonellol,Francesco Arcade, Italy 1913 24
Tuinolillo,Giorlando  1895 32
Tumliali,Antonino Bianco, Italy 1913 21
Tummolillo,Francesco Cervaro, Caserta 1914 37
Tummolillo,Maria Muro Luc. 1906 0ÂÂ
Tummolillo,Pietro Muro Luc. 1906 8ÂÂ
Tummolillo,Rosa Napoli 1903 23ÂÂ
Tumolillo,Angelo S. Elisa Ym Rapido 1897ÂÂ
Tumolillo,Irene Chieti, Italy 1922 51ÂÂ
Tunnilillo,Angelo Rapone, Italy 1911 7ÂÂ
Tunnilillo,Maria Rapone, Italy 1911 9
Tunnilillo,Pitro Rapone, Italy 1911 11
Tunnilillo,Vito Rapone, Italy 1911 4
mfjp
Re: Cassino Italy?
Hi,
the official site of the city is http://www.comune.cassino.fr.it/
The name is CASSINO (not MonteCassino), and if your research will go in the past, take note that before 1863 the name was SAN GERMANO.
good luck!
Marco, Milano, Italia
the official site of the city is http://www.comune.cassino.fr.it/
The name is CASSINO (not MonteCassino), and if your research will go in the past, take note that before 1863 the name was SAN GERMANO.
good luck!
Marco, Milano, Italia
Re: Cassino Italy?
Hi Marco from Milano, who likes to correct me occasionally....
According to the map I linked it shows that there is a town??? Montecassino... just south west of Cassino... maybe you could explain further...
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?ov ... E3Tq2mE%3d
mfjp
So the town would be just Cassino??... same location right?I think he was born near Mount Cassino.
According to the map I linked it shows that there is a town??? Montecassino... just south west of Cassino... maybe you could explain further...
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?ov ... E3Tq2mE%3d
mfjp
Re: Cassino Italy?
Montecassino is that part ("frazione") of Cassino where the Abbey is. Cassino is the official name of the whole municipality. It's true that sometimes the two names are confused also by Italians: the Abbey is much more important than the town!
Did I correct you so often? I'm in the forums so rarely ...
)
Marco, Milano
Did I correct you so often? I'm in the forums so rarely ...
Marco, Milano
Re: Cassino Italy?
4x?? but who's counting... 8ODid I correct you so often? I'm in the forums so rarely ... )
You should make more visits to this forum!
When looking at maps, it is hard to tell what is a city, town or "frazione"...
I also take chances when I do look ups-- but it certainly is the best way to learn about Italy...
Yes, I do agree, the Abbey is much more important than the town...
Thanks for the info, it's appreciated!
Have a nice day,
mfjp
Re: Cassino Italy?
The Family History Center does have microfilm that you can order and rent for about $3.50 a roll.Andrewjmarino wrote:Hi,
I'm trying to track down a birth certificate for my grandfather. He was born in 1893 with the surname Tomolillo. I think he was born near Mount Cassino. I've seen references to the city of Cassino but I haven't been able to find an official city government address in order to request a birth certificate.
I would appreciate any help with this (or any other similiar sounding cities/government addresses in the immediate area).
Grazie mille
Andrew
Here is the film numbers.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... =1&last=50
Here is the link to the nearest Family History Center.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp
Have a good one.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Re: Cassino Italy?
Also keep in mind that most of the original records for the years after 1861 or so for Cassino and surrounding towns were destroyed in WWII.Andrewjmarino wrote: I'm trying to track down a birth certificate for my grandfather. He was born in 1893 with the surname Tomolillo. I think he was born near Mount Cassino.
I would definitely order the microfilms for 1893, but frankly unless your grandfather or his wife was in Cassino after 1945 you are not very likely to find him listed. The birth and marriage records for the years after 1861 were reconstructed by having folks attest to their own birth and marriage dates. Unfortunately, if your grandfather was dead and/or living somewhere besides Cassino he would not have been able to do that.
My grandfather was born in 1894 and is not in the records, since he was living in the U.S. after WWII. His mother, brother, and sisters were listed in the birth records, though, and his mother also recorded her marriage date. This allowed me to pick up the trail with my great-grandfather (who was born in 1861 and whose parents married in 1860).
So, be flexible. Search for your grandfather's siblings (if you know them) but also be prepared to "skip" a generation and go looking for your great-grandfather who might have been born before the mid-1860s (when the original records still exist).
Good luck.
Re: Cassino Italy?
for all, already we have found all records about Tomolillo family. is in process to obtain birth records, and this Tomolillo family coming from S. Elia Fiumerapido, regards to all, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH


