Hi there! I've done a bit of research already and have traced my Grandfather's birth (1885), as well as his parents' marriage (1878) to Giovinazzo, a city in the Bari province. The information is all from civil register documents. I will exhaust the source I'm currently using (LDS-borrowed microfilm in San Francisco, CA) when I reach back to ~1809.
Does anyone have ideas about how to locate any birth/death/marriage records prior to 1809? Probably only church info? I plan to travel to the area in 2006, September time frame and would appreciate any advice. Thanks so much!!!
Giovinazzo - DeNinno, LaBombarda, Palmiotto, Stufano
Re: Giovinazzo - DeNinno, LaBombarda, Palmiotto, Stufano
You can find Giovinazzo's parish record prior 1809 to:
http://www.parrocchie.it/gear/qlist.htm ... d_cognome=
I hope it helps, bye ricbru
http://www.parrocchie.it/gear/qlist.htm ... d_cognome=
I hope it helps, bye ricbru
Re: Giovinazzo - DeNinno, LaBombarda, Palmiotto, Stufano
My ancestors are from Giovinazzo as well (surname D'Agostino) and I'm going there in May 2006 to do some geneological research. If you come across any additional useful resources, I'd apprreciate if you'd pass them along. My e-mail is frankcam@tiac.net
~Frank
~Frank
Re: Giovinazzo - DeNinno, LaBombarda, Palmiotto, Stufano
Hello Frank,Frankcam wrote:My ancestors are from Giovinazzo as well (surname D'Agostino) and I'm going there in May 2006 to do some geneological research. If you come across any additional useful resources, I'd apprreciate if you'd pass them along. My e-mail is frankcam@tiac.net
~Frank
when you go to Giovinazzo, ask to visit and have a look up to civil records in the Archive of the municipality.
This is the address:
Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II
70054 Giovinazzo (BA)
Italy
you can also visit
Archivio di Stato di Bari (where you also find civil records from all Bari area)
I hope it helps, bye Riccardo

