San Mauro Forte, Matera
- JamesBianco
- Staff

- Posts: 879
- Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:00
- Location: Westfield, MA.
- Contact:
San Mauro Forte, Matera
Hello all, I am looking for a researcher to find 2 church marriage records from San Mauro Forte, Matera, Italy
Andrea GINOSA to Francesca di NUZZI
about 1750-1760 San Mauro Forte
and
Alessandro TROILO and Margherita PRIVINGANO.
about 1760-1770 San Mauro Forte
I would of course pay the travel expense, hourly rate, etc. I realize church's can be difficult, but isn't it worth a try at least?
Thanks so much!
Jim
Andrea GINOSA to Francesca di NUZZI
about 1750-1760 San Mauro Forte
and
Alessandro TROILO and Margherita PRIVINGANO.
about 1760-1770 San Mauro Forte
I would of course pay the travel expense, hourly rate, etc. I realize church's can be difficult, but isn't it worth a try at least?
Thanks so much!
Jim
Re: San Mauro Forte, Matera
Hi Jim: you can ask the copy sending an request in Archivio Diocesano di Matera; perhaps are, why, here http://edu.let.unicas.it/bmb/sigle/bibsc_m.htm in Cassino library, sure are microfilms part of Archivio Diocesano of Matera(all commons)
this is the webpage http://www.webdiocesi.chiesacattolica.i ... iocesi=112
you can write to director:
Don Egidio CASAROLA
Borgo La Martella
75100 MATERA( MT )
Italy
ciao suanj
this is the webpage http://www.webdiocesi.chiesacattolica.i ... iocesi=112
you can write to director:
Don Egidio CASAROLA
Borgo La Martella
75100 MATERA( MT )
Italy
ciao suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
- JamesBianco
- Staff

- Posts: 879
- Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:00
- Location: Westfield, MA.
- Contact:
Re: San Mauro Forte, Matera
You can request a church record from them? Do they have people that will look this up?
Thanks a lot !!!
Jim
Thanks a lot !!!
Jim
Re: San Mauro Forte, Matera
Jim:
in all italian Dioceses, are an Archive; of this Archive is the Bishop Responsible... in some Diocese's Archive, the bishop have made microfilmed the registries, and in Archive are same organization as LDS center, so are an priest that is the Diocese's Archive director... and sure are some vulunteer.. I cannot know if in this Archive can help you; for this cause I advice to write and to ask about your needs... all churchs registry of an Diocese(saved from wars), are also in Diocese's archive; so send an request by normal letter and good luck!
suanj
in all italian Dioceses, are an Archive; of this Archive is the Bishop Responsible... in some Diocese's Archive, the bishop have made microfilmed the registries, and in Archive are same organization as LDS center, so are an priest that is the Diocese's Archive director... and sure are some vulunteer.. I cannot know if in this Archive can help you; for this cause I advice to write and to ask about your needs... all churchs registry of an Diocese(saved from wars), are also in Diocese's archive; so send an request by normal letter and good luck!
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
- JamesBianco
- Staff

- Posts: 879
- Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:00
- Location: Westfield, MA.
- Contact:
Re: San Mauro Forte, Matera
Great! I did not know these archives existed. I will srite a letter this week, Thank you so much.
Jim
Jim
Re: San Mauro Forte, Matera
JamesBianco wrote:Great! I did not know these archives existed. I will srite a letter this week, Thank you so much.
Jim
ciao, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: San Mauro Forte, Matera
Hi,
Hope someone can help, My parents too both came from San Mauro Forte,
Im trying to research the Caresimo name, its been a bit difficult as there are not many of them in the world, anyone point me in the right direction of where I can get more info.
My fathers surnme was caresimo and my mothers giammetta
Hope someone can help, My parents too both came from San Mauro Forte,
Im trying to research the Caresimo name, its been a bit difficult as there are not many of them in the world, anyone point me in the right direction of where I can get more info.
My fathers surnme was caresimo and my mothers giammetta
Re: San Mauro Forte, Matera
Hi: you can see the San mauro Forte microfilm in mormons center, because are from 1810 to 1929:itye wrote:Hi,
Hope someone can help, My parents too both came from San Mauro Forte,
Im trying to research the Caresimo name, its been a bit difficult as there are not many of them in the world, anyone point me in the right direction of where I can get more info.
My fathers surnme was caresimo and my mothers giammetta
Registri dello stato civile, 1810-1929 San Mauro Forte (Matera). Ufficio dello stato civile
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... ato+civile++
The Caresimo surname most probable is an mistaken version of Carissimo/ Carissimi surname; nobody Caresimo currently in San Mauro Forte, only the Giammetta people:
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... e&ind=&nc=
hoping helpful, regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: San Mauro Forte, Matera
Thanks for you reply, I followed the link,
Can the records be viewed online or downloaded , I cant actually seem to see any records other than the title of the film.
Also any ideas on what this surname may mean ?
Thanks again for your help...very much appreciated
Can the records be viewed online or downloaded , I cant actually seem to see any records other than the title of the film.
Also any ideas on what this surname may mean ?
Thanks again for your help...very much appreciated
Re: San Mauro Forte, Matera
The records, well they can see only by microfilms in Mormons center... about surname meaning, if was an version( probable) of Carissimo/i means "dearest".. sorry for my english, regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: San Mauro Forte, Matera
Hi,
As Suanj stated the images can not be seen on-line. What you are seeing is actually an on-line catalogue of the available records. Here is a post written by Trish that explains in detail how to use the microfilm:
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... pic&t=2581
Here is a link to find a FHL near you:
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... c_find.asp
Also, you may want to check with a library near you. In the USA, some libraries also can order films for you.
As Suanj stated the images can not be seen on-line. What you are seeing is actually an on-line catalogue of the available records. Here is a post written by Trish that explains in detail how to use the microfilm:
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... pic&t=2581
Here is a link to find a FHL near you:
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... c_find.asp
Also, you may want to check with a library near you. In the USA, some libraries also can order films for you.
Re: San Mauro Forte, Matera
hi jim , my name is peter contrastano, my family is from san mauro forte also . my g g grand mothers name was corniela di nuzzi . please mail me at pac325@aol.com , if you would like to compare some notes .have a good day ...pete
Re: San Mauro Forte, Matera
Hello everyone,
also than micorfilm you can find San Mauro forte civil records to
Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Pietro Marsilio n. 45
75010 San Mauro Forte (MT)
Italy
and to
Archivio di Stato di Matera
I hope it helps, bye Riccardo
also than micorfilm you can find San Mauro forte civil records to
Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Pietro Marsilio n. 45
75010 San Mauro Forte (MT)
Italy
and to
Archivio di Stato di Matera
I hope it helps, bye Riccardo
Re: San Mauro Forte, Matera
Jim,
I know you posted this a long time ago....but this link may help you. A priest (no less) who has the Trolio surname (yours is spelt Troilo, but I'm assuming it is the same) working at a church in the diocese of Tricarico which is the next village to San Mauro Forte.
Maybe a letter to him??
Good luck.
Michael
http://www.parrocchiacalciano.it/parroco/
Look up 'PARROCCHIA SAN GIOVANNI BATTISTA' in Calciano if the direct link fails.
I know you posted this a long time ago....but this link may help you. A priest (no less) who has the Trolio surname (yours is spelt Troilo, but I'm assuming it is the same) working at a church in the diocese of Tricarico which is the next village to San Mauro Forte.
Maybe a letter to him??
Good luck.
Michael
http://www.parrocchiacalciano.it/parroco/
Look up 'PARROCCHIA SAN GIOVANNI BATTISTA' in Calciano if the direct link fails.
- JamesBianco
- Staff

- Posts: 879
- Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:00
- Location: Westfield, MA.
- Contact:
Re: San Mauro Forte, Matera
Thanks a lot for that link! 
I just wish someone would do something with San Mauro Forte (like work on the church records) It gets so frustrating since I have right here at home the church records for my nona's town in sicily back to 1527! But I guess the priests in Sicily are friendlier.

I just wish someone would do something with San Mauro Forte (like work on the church records) It gets so frustrating since I have right here at home the church records for my nona's town in sicily back to 1527! But I guess the priests in Sicily are friendlier.


