Unless of course it means that if I register I will get free pastry.
How does the word sfoglia (sfogliatelle?) become.....
How does the word sfoglia (sfogliatelle?) become.....
My only reference for this word is sfogliatelle. Love them! So when I see on a genealogy website "Sfoglia i Registry" I can't figure out how or why it's used in that instance.
Unless of course it means that if I register I will get free pastry.
Unless of course it means that if I register I will get free pastry.
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: How does the word sfoglia (sfogliatelle?) become.....
A sfogliatella is made out of puff pastry, also called in Italian "millefoglie" (1000 sheets) becauese it consists in many thin layers (fogli)
A register is composed of many pages/sheets = fogli, and "sfogliare il registro" means go thru the register's sheets (browse the register).
A register is composed of many pages/sheets = fogli, and "sfogliare il registro" means go thru the register's sheets (browse the register).
Re: How does the word sfoglia (sfogliatelle?) become.....
WOW, that actually makes sense. Thank you.
