Hello,
The marriage certificate of my ancestor in Malta indicates that he came from the "Kingdom of Conca, Naples" as translated from Latin. I am trying to find his BMD records . I appreciate if any one can help in narrowing down the possible parishes in Napoli that might have his records. Does it refer to a certain region within Napoli?
His name is Aloisio Clemente Carrano and the time span of his birth is 1770-1790.
Kingdom of Conca, Naples
Re: Kingdom of Conca, Naples
Are you sure it states "Kingdom of Conca, Naples" ?
It doesn't make sense.
On the other hand, if it were "Conca, Kingdom of Naples", it would make sense, as there several Conca's in Naples area.
For instance, in Italian White pages you can still find Carrano's in Conca dei Marini.
It doesn't make sense.
On the other hand, if it were "Conca, Kingdom of Naples", it would make sense, as there several Conca's in Naples area.
For instance, in Italian White pages you can still find Carrano's in Conca dei Marini.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Kingdom of Conca, Naples
I went back to the original marriage certificate and it says "de Civitate-Conca in Regno Neapolitano" which translates into :the city of Conca in the Kingdom of Naples". So you are right. Meanwhile I have searched the church archives of Napoli which are available online but was unable to find any related records. Does anyone know if these BMD records have been indexed? Any suggestions of a specific parish in Napoli or the surrounding areas I should look into?
Re: Kingdom of Conca, Naples
As you read in the certificate, he was not from the city of Naples, but from a town in the Kingdom of Naples, I suppose Conca della Campania (province of Caserta) or Conca dei Marini (province of Salerno). The latter is a beautiful place in the Coast of Amalfi (I often go there for my holidays), and a land of sailors, so it might match with him going to Malta.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.

