Fondi - information

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
Italy9
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 24 Jan 2017, 23:51

Fondi - information

Post by Italy9 »

Thank you to everyone on this forum for the help that is provided.

New to the forum, I am now at the stage of requesting my great grandparents birth certificates from Italy.

My hope was that someone familiar with the Fondi area could verify the correct address (below) to obtain the birth certificates. I would also be grateful to learn any additional information on Fondi in general (especially regarding genealogical research), or my great grandparents in particular.

Both of my great grandparents were born in Fondi.

1. GGF: Antonio Augustor Montoni (or Mautone), b. September 27, 1888
2. GGM: Concetta De Simone, b. 1893

I have this address to request their birth records. Is this correct?
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Piazza Municipio
04022 Fondi (LT)
ITALY

Also, I have heard different advice: not to send any money; or to send 5.16 euro per requested document.
What is best?

Thank you.
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Fondi - information

Post by adelfio »

Italy9 wrote: 25 Jan 2017, 18:24 Thank you to everyone on this forum for the help that is provided.

New to the forum, I am now at the stage of requesting my great grandparents birth certificates from Italy.

My hope was that someone familiar with the Fondi area could verify the correct address (below) to obtain the birth certificates. I would also be grateful to learn any additional information on Fondi in general (especially regarding genealogical research), or my great grandparents in particular.

Both of my great grandparents were born in Fondi.

1. GGF: Antonio Augustor Montoni (or Mautone), b. September 27, 1888
2. GGM: Concetta De Simone, b. 1893

I have this address to request their birth records. Is this correct?
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Piazza Municipio
04022 Fondi (LT)
ITALY

Also, I have heard different advice: not to send any money; or to send 5.16 euro per requested document.
What is best?

Thank you.
Send no money but a photo id
email:tbiondino@comunedifondi.it

Attn: Tommasina Biondino

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Wetseal40
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 34
Joined: 25 Jan 2017, 13:51

Re: Fondi - information

Post by Wetseal40 »

Marty, you helped find both my grandparents birth and baptismal certicates on a different thread on this forum, is it possible for me to write to someone to get paper copies/?> how, and where would i write? The cost? Etc?
Ty..rosary
Italy9
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 24 Jan 2017, 23:51

Re: Fondi - information

Post by Italy9 »

That's helpful. Thank you for responding, Marty. Appreciate it.
hendryrobin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 10 Feb 2017, 08:10

Re: Fondi - information

Post by hendryrobin »

That is useful. Much obliged to you for reacting, Marty. Welcome it.
Wetseal40
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 34
Joined: 25 Jan 2017, 13:51

Re: Fondi - information

Post by Wetseal40 »

Did you ever recieve those birth certificates? I have requested for my father too, and never received. Just wondering
Post Reply