Surnames Tornetta, Pellegrini, DiMartini in PA
- FixItAgainTony21
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 00:00
Surnames Tornetta, Pellegrini, DiMartini in PA
I am tracing my dad's family but I have become stuck at my great great grandparents' arrivals here. I believe they all arrived in Philadelphia in the late 1800's early 1900's. I have Lawrence Tornetta on a Cencus with an arrival of 1902 and his wife Maria in 1904. I know that Gennaro Pellegrini came from Atessa Italy but I can't find when. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I'm kinda new at this. Thanx
Re: Surnames Tornetta, Pellegrini, DiMartini in PA
Hi,
As a general rule Italian women traveled under their maiden names.
Lawrence Tornetta - what was his year of birth
wife is Maria - what is her year of birth and maiden name?
I may have answered my own question. Is this the family you are looking for. If so, it indicates they were naturalized in 1918. Have you looked for naturalization records?
Is this Lawrence on the 1930 census?
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/2492 ... tta1nq.jpg
1920 Census?
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6742 ... tta5un.jpg
His WWI draft registration card?
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/593/draftcard1yu.jpg
1910 cenus:
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8924 ... sus6nw.jpg
They are living with Lawrence's family - ? brother, ?uncle
As a general rule Italian women traveled under their maiden names.
Lawrence Tornetta - what was his year of birth
wife is Maria - what is her year of birth and maiden name?
I may have answered my own question. Is this the family you are looking for. If so, it indicates they were naturalized in 1918. Have you looked for naturalization records?
Is this Lawrence on the 1930 census?
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/2492 ... tta1nq.jpg
1920 Census?
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6742 ... tta5un.jpg
His WWI draft registration card?
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/593/draftcard1yu.jpg
1910 cenus:
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8924 ... sus6nw.jpg
They are living with Lawrence's family - ? brother, ?uncle
Re: Surnames Tornetta, Pellegrini, DiMartini in PA
Here there is a Gennaro Pellegrini comoing from AtessaFixItAgainTony21 wrote:I am tracing my dad's family but I have become stuck at my great great grandparents' arrivals here. I believe they all arrived in Philadelphia in the late 1800's early 1900's. I have Lawrence Tornetta on a Cencus with an arrival of 1902 and his wife Maria in 1904. I know that Gennaro Pellegrini came from Atessa Italy but I can't find when. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I'm kinda new at this. Thanx
arriving to the port of New York
Gennaro Pellegrini
Occupation Country Man
Age 14
Sex M
Literacy N
Arrived 25 May 1903
Origin Italy
Port Naples
Last Residence Atesa
Destination Philadelphia Pa
Plan Unknown
Ship San Gottardo
Passage Unknown
I hope it helps, bye ricbru
Re: Surnames Tornetta, Pellegrini, DiMartini in PA
I had a great aunt that came from Lucca, Italy in 1899. On the manifest it said she was going to her uncle's house. Luigi Pellegrini, 220 S. 8th St. Philadelphia, PA.
- DonnaPellegrin
- Veteran

- Posts: 201
- Joined: 16 May 2004, 00:00
- Contact:
Re: Surnames Tornetta, Pellegrini, DiMartini in PA
Hi Tony,
Did you receive the private message that I sent several days ago on the Pellegrinis from Atessa?
Did you receive the private message that I sent several days ago on the Pellegrinis from Atessa?
Donna Pellegrin
- DonnaPellegrin
- Veteran

- Posts: 201
- Joined: 16 May 2004, 00:00
- Contact:
Re: Surnames Tornetta, Pellegrini, DiMartini in PA
Tony,
I found the manifest that ricbru identified. On the Ellis Island website, your ancestor is indexed as "Gonnaro Pellegrini." The manifest shows the name of a relative that Gennaro was going to meet in Philly.
Here is a link:
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 2652060301
I found the manifest that ricbru identified. On the Ellis Island website, your ancestor is indexed as "Gonnaro Pellegrini." The manifest shows the name of a relative that Gennaro was going to meet in Philly.
Here is a link:
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 2652060301
Donna Pellegrin

