Hello -
I have been working on my ancestry and my mother's family comes from the towns of Molochio and Radicena. My great-grandfather was born in Molochio in 1884 and came to the US around 1915. On his birth record, it is listed that his father was a cowherd and his mother was a farmer. My great-grandmother was born in Radicena in 1881 and came to the US in 1919. On her birth record, her dad is listed as a farmhand and her mother was a seamstress. I am hoping someone may be able to share some information on these towns. When I search online, I cannot find much information that tells about the towns - what they were like in the late 1800s, if those were typical occupations in these locations, what life was like there. Any thoughts or information is appreciated.
Thanks!
Reggio Calabria - Molochio and Radicena...
Re: Reggio Calabria - Molochio and Radicena...
Here are some links to a history of the Calabria Region. You may need to scroll through to find the information about the 19th century (1800s)
http://bleedingespresso.com/calabria/hi ... f-calabria
http://www.lifeinitaly.com/history/life ... th-century
http://www.madeinsouthitalytoday.com/history-people.php
Here is a link to the history of Molochio. It is in Italian. You can use a page translator.
http://www.comune.molochio.rc.it/index. ... index&p=76
T.
http://bleedingespresso.com/calabria/hi ... f-calabria
http://www.lifeinitaly.com/history/life ... th-century
http://www.madeinsouthitalytoday.com/history-people.php
Here is a link to the history of Molochio. It is in Italian. You can use a page translator.
http://www.comune.molochio.rc.it/index. ... index&p=76
T.

