Hello!
I am asking for help identifying the birthplace of my 5th great-grandmother, Maria Teresa Cassella. Her birthplace is listed as "San Giustino di Roma" on an extract of her baptismal record from 1808. This extract was among documents regarding her marriage to Raffaele Morcaldo in Cusano Mutri (BN) in 1829.
It appears as though San Giustino is in the Diocese of the Citta di Castello, which would mean it is located in the Province of Perugia in the region of Umbria?? I find this hard to believe given the distance to Cusano Mutri.
If I am reading this correct, it seems her father Generoso is native to Cusano Mutri.
Also - a question on the language of the document:
does "nata il di avanti fu battezzata..." mean she was baptized on the day of the baptism or the day before? Thanks for the clarification.
Thanks for your insights and clarification!
Locating San Giustino di Roma
Locating San Giustino di Roma
A. Masi
Research Interests in Basilicata, Campania, & Umbria
My family tree: http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/82445073/
Map of my roots: http://tinyurl.com/amas3-carto-map
Research Interests in Basilicata, Campania, & Umbria
My family tree: http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/82445073/
Map of my roots: http://tinyurl.com/amas3-carto-map
Re: Locating San Giustino di Roma
Hello!
BornJune 5, Baptized June 6 in San Giustino. It stand to reason that she was also born in San Giustino. Children were routinely baptized the same day or the day after birth. It says that the parents are from Cusano, but maybe they were living in San Giustino at the time
Ciao
Paola
BornJune 5, Baptized June 6 in San Giustino. It stand to reason that she was also born in San Giustino. Children were routinely baptized the same day or the day after birth. It says that the parents are from Cusano, but maybe they were living in San Giustino at the time
Ciao
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
Re: Locating San Giustino di Roma
Hi Paola,
I see the mention of June 6th at the bottom of the record, but then what is the significance of January 5th, which is mentioned after the first paragraph.
Thanks!
I see the mention of June 6th at the bottom of the record, but then what is the significance of January 5th, which is mentioned after the first paragraph.
Thanks!
A. Masi
Research Interests in Basilicata, Campania, & Umbria
My family tree: http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/82445073/
Map of my roots: http://tinyurl.com/amas3-carto-map
Research Interests in Basilicata, Campania, & Umbria
My family tree: http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/82445073/
Map of my roots: http://tinyurl.com/amas3-carto-map
Re: Locating San Giustino di Roma
Sorry my mistake. It is a bit more complicated than your usual certificate of Baptism
This document, was written in Cusano May 12 1829 for the marriage of Maria Teresa
It states that in the book of the Baptisms of the parish of Cusano, page 16, is inserted this "fede" Fede means a document written by another parish
In this fede, beginning with "al nome di Dio Amen" and dated June 6 1808, Benedetto Biagioni, Arciprete of San Giustino, certifies that January 5 he had baptized a child born the day before "nata il di avanti". This Baptism was registered in San Giustino, book 7 page 24 number 272
So she was baptized in San Giustino and registered there. Then the Baptism was notified to the parish of Cusano
This document, was written in Cusano May 12 1829 for the marriage of Maria Teresa
It states that in the book of the Baptisms of the parish of Cusano, page 16, is inserted this "fede" Fede means a document written by another parish
In this fede, beginning with "al nome di Dio Amen" and dated June 6 1808, Benedetto Biagioni, Arciprete of San Giustino, certifies that January 5 he had baptized a child born the day before "nata il di avanti". This Baptism was registered in San Giustino, book 7 page 24 number 272
So she was baptized in San Giustino and registered there. Then the Baptism was notified to the parish of Cusano
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
Re: Locating San Giustino di Roma
Thanks for the clarification!
A. Masi
Research Interests in Basilicata, Campania, & Umbria
My family tree: http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/82445073/
Map of my roots: http://tinyurl.com/amas3-carto-map
Research Interests in Basilicata, Campania, & Umbria
My family tree: http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/82445073/
Map of my roots: http://tinyurl.com/amas3-carto-map
Re: Locating San Giustino di Roma
Hello,
are you descendant of a Morcaldo?
My surname is Moccaldi, and the two surnames happen to overlap in registers of XVIII and XIX century, though I'm not connected to the Cusano branch.
I research everything about surnames Moccaldi/o, Morcaldi/o, Moccardi/o, Muccardi/o, so I'd be interested in what you know about Raffaele and his descendants/ancestors.
I collected most of the info that I could find in LdS microfilms (now online) about the Morcaldo's from Cusano, so maybe I can help you some way.
I'd be interested in exchanging the info we have, so, if you want, I can send you my email by PM.
are you descendant of a Morcaldo?
My surname is Moccaldi, and the two surnames happen to overlap in registers of XVIII and XIX century, though I'm not connected to the Cusano branch.
I research everything about surnames Moccaldi/o, Morcaldi/o, Moccardi/o, Muccardi/o, so I'd be interested in what you know about Raffaele and his descendants/ancestors.
I collected most of the info that I could find in LdS microfilms (now online) about the Morcaldo's from Cusano, so maybe I can help you some way.
I'd be interested in exchanging the info we have, so, if you want, I can send you my email by PM.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Locating San Giustino di Roma
Hi Pippo,
I'd be happy to share with you what I know of my Morcaldo ancestry. You are more than welcome to PM me your email.
I'd be happy to share with you what I know of my Morcaldo ancestry. You are more than welcome to PM me your email.
A. Masi
Research Interests in Basilicata, Campania, & Umbria
My family tree: http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/82445073/
Map of my roots: http://tinyurl.com/amas3-carto-map
Research Interests in Basilicata, Campania, & Umbria
My family tree: http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/82445073/
Map of my roots: http://tinyurl.com/amas3-carto-map


